Uncomfortable when it seems people are staring at you?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
38 replies · 10K views
Math Is Hard said:
because this is the librarian:

EE130C.350X200.G.jpg


now stop staring. :biggrin:


Looks like she's the one who's staring!

I'd flash her the 'Okay' sign but she might think it's my IQ.

What I'm really thinking is, She can read me a bedtime story anytime :!)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
turbo-1 said:
Back in HS in the '60s, that hand-signal would prompt "Is that your age, your IQ, or the number of friends you had before your dog died?" Maybe it's a regional thing... :rolleyes:

Yeah, it is based on something very similar to that. I thought is was pretty common.. put then I don't get out much
:cry:

Regional? maybe, but it has to be a region which includes Oregon and Maine...
 
Yea I was going to say that in the time that it takes you to turn around, the people can likely shift their eyes and 'stare' at you. This sometimes happens to me on the bus or something, I will be minding my own business and all of a sudden someone will turn around and I look in puzzlement as to why the turned around. A second later I go back into my own world but it probably looks as if I was staring at them. Try it sometime, turn around in a random crowd of people and I bet people are looking at you.
 
Integral said:
Regional? maybe, but it has to be a region which includes Oregon and Maine...

That woud be...Portland?
 
Math Is Hard said:
because this is the librarian:

EE130C.350X200.G.jpg


now stop staring. :biggrin:

Where did you get that picture?! Please tell you didn't!

It's from...

http://www.xxxhotblondsinskirtsasasecrataryxxx.com/xxxpicture/001.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I googled "PF sisterhood wanna-bes".
(Notice she can't fill out the size 8s.)
:biggrin:
 
JasonRox said:
It's from...

http://www.xxxhotblondsinskirtsasasecrataryxxx.com/xxxpicture/001.html
Link doesn't work.

Math Is Hard said:
(Notice she can't fill out the size 8s.)
:biggrin:
:confused:
In my part of Europe she fills out the size 6 comfortably :biggrin:
Are we talking of the size for the same thing(s)?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chi Meson said:
That woud be...Portland?
You let the cat out of the bag. I would tell you where the wormhole is, but I'd lose my wormhole privileges if they found out. :biggrin:

I had to travel quite a bit as a technical consultant and after having a large Halliburton case full of camera gear get flown to Portland OR, while I went to Portland ME, I made extra sure to double check the destination tags before they were put on the conveyor.
 
turbo-1 said:
blah blah blah Halliburton blah blah blah blah

You worked for Stan?:eek: