What should I include on my undergraduate CV for research positions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kraigandrews
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cv Undergraduate
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
kraigandrews
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
I am currently composing a CV for research positions and I have only a minimal amount research experience and I am trying to beef up my CV, and I was looking for suggestions as to what to include and what not to include.

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If your CV is really quite empty, you should also put in hobbies that either show that you are a team player, that show that you can be focused and dedicated, that show organizational skills, or anything else of importance.

Describe your (interesting) extracurricular activities in enough detail to be appealing. If you have 'reading, gaming, cycling' on your CV it sounds less impressive than 'studying C++ programming and gaming theory in my spare time and programming my own computer game; building my own carbon fibre bicycle'.
Note that if for example you build a bike with two other friends, mentioning this will show you have team work experience and that you are cooperative.

If you are applying for a specific position, nothing shows 'I am goal-oriented and pro-active' more than calling the person responsible and ask sensible questions about the position.