Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Undergraduate Studying Mechanical Engineering

1. Jul 17, 2017 #1
    Hi, I'm an undergraduate studying Mechanical Engineering at Cornell University.
    I'm very interested in both research and intellectual property law, so if anyone has any information, hmu!

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2017 #2
    You have a curious combination of interests. In my own experience, very few lawyers think like research engineers, and very few research engineers think like lawyers. Maybe you will find an interesting slot as a bridge.

4. Jul 17, 2017 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF :smile:

We have a number of threads here discussing intellectual property and patents, and this thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/anyone-considering-a-career-as-a-patent-attorney.577550/

is a great discussion about patent attorneys. One of my good friends was a full-time ME, part-time paramedic, and part-time lawyer (overachiever). He is now a full time firefighter/paramedic (FF/P). :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted