Unusual Find: A US Dollar Bill Stamped with Red Ink

  • Thread starter Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ink
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
22,713
Reaction score
7,804
I just noticed that a US dollar bill was stamped with red ink.

Someone went to the trouble of marking it with "TRACK THIS BILL", "WHERESGEORGE.COM" and an F-clef or bass clef.

If you receive a bill, one can enter information about it at www.wheresgeorge.com. Registration is not needed.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh wow, almost forgot about it. I registered a dollar back in 2007. Just logged in check up on it.

This bill has traveled 80 Miles in 323 Days, 12 Hrs, 40 Mins at an average of 0.25 Miles per day.
It is now 37 Miles from its starting location.

although there is no more subsequent forum entries after mine.

some guy before me wrote that got the dollar at a car wash.
 
Astronuc said:
I just noticed that a US dollar bill was stamped with red ink.

Someone went to the trouble of marking it with "TRACK THIS BILL", "WHERESGEORGE.COM" and an F-clef or bass clef.

If you receive a bill, one can enter information about it at www.wheresgeorge.com. Registration is not needed.
So how far did yours travel. I checked one a few years ago that had started in Kansas City and made it to Perry. Maybe 40 miles or so.
 
dlgoff said:
So how far did yours travel. I checked one a few years ago that had started in Kansas City and made it to Perry. Maybe 40 miles or so.
Well it looks well-traveled since it's torn. It only went 10 miles since it was recorded, so I don't know if the last person recorded it, or many others have ignored the "Wheresgeorge" project.