Unusual request re: Matter and Dark matter and song lyrics

In summary: I understand that some people might not enjoy my work, but I appreciate your taking the time to reply.In summary, I've written a song based on a lecture I attended re: the universe. I'm hoping to confirm facts discussed within the song (i.e., re: Dark Matter) and looking to edit the lyrics if there are inaccuracies.
Matias
Summary:: I've written a song based on a lecture I attended re: the universe. I'm hoping to confirm facts re: Dark Matter, etc. discussed within the song.

I have a somewhat unusual request:

I have written a song based on a lecture I attended re: the universe. Before recording and releasing it, I'm hoping to confirm facts discussed within the song ( i.e., re: Dark Matter) and looking to edit the lyrics if there are inaccuracies. I realize some statements could work metaphorically; however, I'm interested to the degree that the text can be accurate beyond metaphor.

Please let me know your thoughts! TIA.
-
A telescope is a time machine

The more powerful it is

The further back our gaze can reach

Far into the past

Light years away

In order to understand

Perhaps how this universe began

How it used to be
Perhaps before this universe began

What used to be?
If we filtered out the light (somehow)

All the matter beaming light (somehow)

What would be left behind?

I appreciate you,

dark matter inside, between us and far away

For helping us keep our shapes

For helping us form in space

For helping us be in space

Helping the elements of the universe

Keep shape

In space

Outer and inner space tooIf we filtered out the dark (somehow)

All the matter that is dark (somehow)

What would be left behind?

I appreciate you,

Matter inside, between us and far away

For mattering here in place.

Creating the elements of the universe in space.

Space.

Outer and inner space too

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm letting this go from moderation. Fair warning if this thread goes poorly it will be history. And I'm not sure what forum is a good fit. Any problems please report them.

I'm sorry if I've posted in an incorrect place. If so, if anyone has suggestions as to where I may find assistance re: this matter, please let me know. I realize this might not be everyone's cup of tea. The first paragraph is not my idea. Rather, I'm paraphrasing.

If Ed Sheeran can get away with 'push and pull like a magnet do' I'm sure your lyrics will do.

Thank you for your reply and apologies for not having replied earlier. I'm no William Blake but at the very least I want to confirm the information is factual, (alternate theories re: dark matter not withstanding).

It gets my cosmological seal of approval. It's good poetry too.

Thank you, Hornbein!

1. What is dark matter and how is it related to matter?

Dark matter is a type of matter that does not interact with light or other forms of electromagnetic radiation, making it invisible to our eyes and traditional telescopes. It is believed to make up about 85% of the total matter in the universe, while traditional matter (such as atoms and molecules) makes up only about 15%. The two are related in that dark matter and traditional matter both contribute to the overall mass of the universe, but they behave very differently.

2. Can dark matter be converted into traditional matter or vice versa?

No, dark matter and traditional matter cannot be converted into each other. They are fundamentally different types of matter with different properties and behaviors. Scientists are still studying the nature of dark matter and its interactions with traditional matter, but at this point, there is no evidence to suggest that they can be converted into each other.

3. How do scientists study dark matter?

Since dark matter cannot be directly observed, scientists study its effects on traditional matter through a variety of methods. This includes observing the rotation of galaxies, measuring the bending of light from distant objects, and studying the large-scale structure of the universe. They also conduct experiments with particle accelerators and detectors to search for potential dark matter particles.

4. What is the connection between dark matter and the lyrics of a song?

The connection between dark matter and song lyrics is likely a metaphor or artistic interpretation. While there are songs that mention dark matter or the universe, they are not scientifically accurate descriptions of these concepts. Artistic expression and scientific explanation are two different ways of understanding and representing the world around us.

5. Is dark matter dangerous or harmful to humans?

No, dark matter is not dangerous or harmful to humans. It does not interact with us in any way, so it cannot harm us physically or affect our daily lives. Dark matter is an important part of the universe, but it does not pose any threat to human beings or our planet.