Update Attached in locked post

• Thread starter hotvette
  • Start date
In summary, the user is requesting to unlock the first post in a specific thread in order to replace an outdated attachment with an updated version. They also mention wanting to delete a thread to avoid having duplicate tutorials. They make a second request to replace an attachment in a locked post.
hotvette
Homework Helper
Physics news on Phys.org
The option to edit automatically turns off after 24 hours (except for staff). If you post the attachment in a new post, I'll attach it to the post in the tutorial.

Last edited:
Tom,

Thanks. Can you replace the existing one with this? The original has some not quite correct stuff in it, so I'd like it removed. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, let me know if all is not to your satisfaction.

Perfect, thanks. Can you delete this thread so there are aren't 2 copies of the tut? Thanks for your help.

I detached the tut from this thread.

Thanks.:smile:

Tom,

Sorry to trouble you again, but could the 1st tutorial also be replaced? Updated one is attached. I realized after the fact that the updates in the 2nd one refers to items in the first that aren't there - therefore the 1st needs updating also. Thanks!

Last edited:

1. What does "Update Attached in locked post" mean?

"Update Attached in locked post" refers to a feature on social media platforms where users can attach a new update or post to an existing locked post. This allows for important updates or additional information to be shared with followers without creating a new post.

2. How do I update an attached post that is locked?

To update an attached post that is locked, you will need to go to the original post and click on the "Edit" button. From there, you can add any new information or updates and then click "Save" to update the attached post. Please note that this feature may not be available on all social media platforms.

3. Can I update an attached post that is locked on all social media platforms?

No, not all social media platforms have the feature to update attached posts that are locked. It is important to check the specific platform's guidelines and features to determine if this is possible.

4. What types of posts can I update as an attachment to a locked post?

You can typically update any type of post as an attachment to a locked post, including photos, videos, and text posts. However, this may vary depending on the platform and their guidelines.

5. How often should I update an attached post that is locked?

It is up to the discretion of the user to determine how often to update an attached post that is locked. However, it is important to keep updates relevant and timely to ensure that followers are receiving accurate information.