Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Use ball throughing technology.

1. Mar 16, 2007 #1
    i am taking a new project.i want to throw 1.5 kg bags to a 100mtr distance in a 7feet dia vessel.the bag feeding rate will be continiously like a ball throwing machine.
    so my question is that what is the technology behind the ball throwing machine or other type of continious feeding machine,plz any one can tell me.it can be very helpful to me.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2007 #2
    Air conveyor system. Compressed air will be continuously fed in the vessel to push the bags to till the destination. They are called as pneumatic conveyors used for pushing the test sample boxes from control cabin to testing lab in a shorter time without human carrying it physically to lab for testing.

If the said matters matches with your needs, i can give you further info prasad.
  4. Mar 16, 2007 #3
    Indeed, it is the same technology used by the Jetsons.
  5. Mar 16, 2007 #4
    more details needed

i want to know more details information about your system.plz give me more information.
  6. Mar 17, 2007 #5
    Please tell me whether the 1.5 kg bag occupies alomost 80 to 95% cross sectional area of the tunnel or channel ?

otherwise we may have to change the tunnel dia to suit the size of the single bag to reduce air slippage.

my mail Id: mailpramesh@gmail.com
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?