Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Using Gambit or a substitute for use with Fluent.

1. Nov 28, 2012 #1
    Hi,

I recently obtained Fluent 6.3.26 and I was told that I would require Gambit in order to build the geometry for use on Fluent.

However, I can't find anywhere to get Gambit from, since none of the torrents I tried to get it from work.

Could someone tell me where I could get Gambit from or any other software that can be used to construct the geometry fir fluent from? Pls provide a link or something. Also, since I am at home for the holidays, I can't get it from any college-mates.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2012 #2
    torrents? are these legal copies you are trying to acquire? Also, using "obtained" instead of "purchased" leaves the door open for interpretation...if you know what I mean.

Anyway, it seems that Gambit is going out of production and being replaced with ANSYS DesignModeler.

Other than that, I am sure there are open source programs that you can use to build 3D models. To start, look at the CAE Linux distribution and what it comes with.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook