Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vacuum energy-fundamental particle

1. Feb 10, 2015 #1
    I am wondering if there is an existing hypothesis that suggests the most fundamental building block of energy being vacuum pockets rather than waves, or solid particles? Are there any equations that describe time as a differential? What are the current methods for calculating the mass of a proton, or neutron, or the total vacuum energy of an individual quark?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 10, 2015 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

There is not, and it would not make sense without a description what a "vacuum pocket" is supposed to be (and keep in mind the rules against personal theories here). Names are arbitrary, you can replace "particle" with "zigg" or every other name without changing physics.
    What does that mean?
    Lattice quantum chromodynamics.
    There is no "vacuum energy of quarks". Quark masses are experimental results, there is no theory prediction for them.

4. Feb 10, 2015 #3
    I know the rules, I had to ask my questions in a very specific manner so I would not break those rules. Your question about time being a differential. Arc length divided by distance traveled in z plain gives you the appropriate differential model. Any more details on that and I would break the rules.

5. Feb 10, 2015 #4

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

And as the thread cannot be continued within the rules of PF, it can be closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook