Vacuum energy-fundamental particle

Main Question or Discussion Point

I am wondering if there is an existing hypothesis that suggests the most fundamental building block of energy being vacuum pockets rather than waves, or solid particles? Are there any equations that describe time as a differential? What are the current methods for calculating the mass of a proton, or neutron, or the total vacuum energy of an individual quark?

Answers and Replies

I am wondering if there is an existing hypothesis that suggests the most fundamental building block of energy being vacuum pockets rather than waves, or solid particles?
There is not, and it would not make sense without a description what a "vacuum pocket" is supposed to be (and keep in mind the rules against personal theories here). Names are arbitrary, you can replace "particle" with "zigg" or every other name without changing physics.
Are there any equations that describe time as a differential?
What does that mean?
What are the current methods for calculating the mass of a proton, or neutron
Lattice quantum chromodynamics.
or the total vacuum energy of an individual quark?
There is no "vacuum energy of quarks". Quark masses are experimental results, there is no theory prediction for them.

I know the rules, I had to ask my questions in a very specific manner so I would not break those rules. Your question about time being a differential. Arc length divided by distance traveled in z plain gives you the appropriate differential model. Any more details on that and I would break the rules.

Nugatory
Mentor
Any more details on that and I would break the rules.
And as the thread cannot be continued within the rules of PF, it can be closed.