Vacuum Motor Questions: Max CFM, Weight Lift, 6 Motors

  • Thread starter Thread starter _HL4E_HalfLife_
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Motor Vacuum
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
_HL4E_HalfLife_
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I got a few vacuum motor questions and i think I am in the right place to ask them:confused:

1.What would be the maximum CFM a vacuum cleaner motor could move? (This is with an open motor meaning that its no longer a vacuum cleaner but just the motor so there's nothing to slow the airflow down)

2.If you used a suction cup(like they do on those stupid vacuum cleaner commercial to pick up a bowling ball) What would be the maximum weight a vacuum motor could lift?

3.I have mounted 6 vacuum motors to a wooden box so all the motors will suck air out of the box. With each motor that's turned on would the sucking power be doubled?

4. If all 6 motors were on what would the max CFM and max weight it could lift be?

If anyone needs pics to see what I am talking about just ask!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What makes you think these are mathematics questions?

I'm moving this to general engineering.