Variety of questions regarding AC circuits

• Thread starter R A V E N
  • Start date
In summary, the user had made some mistakes in their post about AC circuits and wanted it to be deleted. They were advised to use the "report" button to request its removal.
R A V E N
It seems that due some weird reason,moderator cannot see my PM,so could anyone delete this topic of mine:

A variety of questions regarding AC circuits

in Physics Help and Math Help - Physics Forums > Science Education > Homework & Coursework Questions > Advanced Physics forum?

I made some mistakes.

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
If you want to post the corrected version, we can delete the incorrect version.

Yes,I will post it.

R A V E N said:
Yes,I will post it.
Let us know when you are ready. :smile:

3...2...1! Go! :-O :-D

I don't see a new post in that thread, where is your new post?

I can see you've got two threads in that forum. If you want one removing, then please use the "report" button, and someone will deal with it.

I`ll do that then.Thanks.

Evo said:
I don't see a new post in that thread, where is your new post?

It was a misunderstanding.I asked for entire topic to be deleted so that I could open a new one.

Last edited:

1. What is an AC circuit?

An AC (alternating current) circuit is a type of electrical circuit in which the current flows in both directions periodically. This is in contrast to a DC (direct current) circuit, where the current flows in only one direction.

2. What is the difference between AC and DC circuits?

The main difference between AC and DC circuits is the direction of current flow. In AC circuits, the current flows in both directions, whereas in DC circuits, the current flows in only one direction. Additionally, AC circuits use alternating voltage sources, while DC circuits use direct voltage sources.

3. How does an AC circuit work?

In an AC circuit, the current alternates direction periodically due to the changes in the voltage source. This is typically achieved using a device called an AC generator, which converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. The current in an AC circuit is constantly changing in magnitude and direction.

4. What are the components of an AC circuit?

An AC circuit typically consists of a voltage source (such as an AC generator), conductors (wires), and various components such as resistors, capacitors, and inductors. These components work together to regulate the flow of current in the circuit.

5. What are the applications of AC circuits?

AC circuits have a wide range of applications, including power generation, transmission, and distribution, in devices such as home appliances, motors, and electronic devices. They are also commonly used in radio and television broadcasting, as well as in lighting and heating systems.