1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Varying Energy in a Schwartzschild Metric

1. Jun 6, 2012 #1
    This short work will help to calculate the varying energy for a non-rotating spherical distribution of mass.

The Energy changing in a Schwartzschild Metric

It is not obvious how to integrate an energy in the Schwartzschild metric unless you derive it correctly. The way this following metric will be presented will be:

[tex]\int_{t}^{t'} c^2 d\tau^2 dt = \int_{t}^{t'} (1 - 2\frac{Gm}{\Delta E} \frac{M}{r_s} c^2 dt^{2}) - \frac{dt}{(1-2\frac{Gm}{\Delta E} \frac{M}{r_s})} - r^2 d \phi dt[/tex]

This will be interpeted as

[tex]\int_{t}^{t'} c^2 d\tau^2 dt = \int_{t}^{t'} (1 - 2\frac{Gm}{E - E'} \frac{M}{r_s} c^2 dt^{2}) - \frac{dt}{(1-2\frac{Gm}{E - E'} \frac{M}{r_s})} - r^2 d \phi dt[/tex]

And this metric is dimensionally-consistent to calculate the energy changes within a metric. Usually, in the spacetime metric, we treat it as a energy efficient fabric. This can be a way to treat a metric with a type of energy variation consistent perhaps with a radiating body.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2012 #2
    I was inspired to find a more simple example of a varying energy from Loyd Motz' paper

A Gravity Generation of Electromagntic Radiation and the Luminosity of Quasars

I can't link

4. Jun 6, 2012 #3
    Sorry.. was in a rush when I wrote this, I forgot my dummy variables, inserted now.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook