[VB6] Loudness of the microphone input signal.

  • Thread starter Thread starter cavemen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Input Signal
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 6K views
cavemen
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
I am trying to create a program that would register it in a variable,
when loudness of the microphone input signal exceeds some level for some amount of time.

IS there a VB6 command that can allow me to measure the loudness of the input sound signal?

Not on the sound card input. I have a USB microphone.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What is WaveIn API?

is there ane example of the code?
 
Last edited:
Thanks.

All the proposed code doesn't work in VB6.

Visual Basic 6 does not use any of the commands, proposed in this code.
It doesn't require memory allocation.

This is why microsoft doesn't support it anymore. It was simple and anybody could program it.

I use it to solve complex mathematical problems.