VERY SIMPLE Coordinate Geometry

snshusat161, referring to another PF member as "that guy" is neither friendly nor even polite.

lol, can't you see how difficult is to write his username.

And please don't presume to answer for BL4CKCR4Y0NS

I don't have any personal issuse's with BL4CKCR4Y0NS. I just want to say that what the need to explain him if he already got his solution. Since he don't know the basic concept every explanation will go above his head.

Last edited:
Mentallic
Homework Helper
tiny-tim, but it also seems to me like you're taking a stab at snshusat161's English skills. His post makes sense (and it's very clear to me what he's trying to say), so I find it hard to believe that you didn't understand what he was saying, especially since you basically repeated what he was trying to say in the very next post:

tiny-tim said:
Yes, "-1" on both means they have the same slope, and since they also share a point, they must be on the same line.

And I agree with snshusat161 that blackcrayons doesn't understand coordinate geometry whatsoever. This post:

BL4CKCR4YONS said:
So the common point in this case would be the "-1" ?
is obviously telling us that he thinks the -1 is representing a point. What is this telling you about blackcrayons' abilities in this topic?

Go back and study coordinate geometry from the beginning

This is actually the beginning ... there is no bit in the booklet that says anything else and believe me, I have read through it multiple times.

And just for the record, the booklet is called "Coordinate geometry (I)"

When we say 'point' in Coordinate Geometry then we mean a very specific position in plane (in 2D) and in space (in 3D). Think of it in this way. If i'll say 10 cm away from left margin of your notebook. Where you will point? And if i'll also add that 5 cm from top margin then you can easily show that particular point.

if you get any problem in understanding, tell me, I'll try to explain it cause you can't understand anything until you learn those basic and as you have told it is not in your book.

Okay, I did as you said and...
A and B came back with -1
B and C came back with -1

I'm not sure what I am supposed to tell from that ... does "-1" on both mean that they are collinear?

no, it means that both are parallel but do you ever heard parallel lines intersecting at any point, therefore both lines AB and BC are not parallel but the same line and since points A, B and C lies on the same line they are collinear.

And "-1" doesn't mean that they are collinear. Any number will do well if you get it for both AB and BC.

Yes, "-1" on both means they have the same slope, and since they also share a point, they must be on the same line.

(incidentally, of course, if you check A and C, you should find the same )

I've said "No" and then just in very next post Tiny Tim has said "Yes", I think You are very confused. I want to clear it to you as well as Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim has said Yes for the current problem where you are getting a slope of "-1" but I've said No to tell you that every time in such problem you will not get "-1" as your answer. You don't have to care for that number "-1", only thing which you have to care is that whatever you get must be equal for both of the solution you have done.
To make it more clear assume that you have got "5" in place of "-1" but for both the solution then also it is right.