Videos that motivate you to be involved with science

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter cdux
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Science Videos
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Back when I was a kid I wondered how a plane could fly given that it had a lot of weight? When I got a bit older (14-15), I wondered what causes a rocket to blast off? My friend who was my age, and much, much smarter than I explained it very well conceptually, and then whipped out some math he had learned to show me why. I was amazed by what he had shown and inspired by physics. That is how I got into it, and the little things still inspire me to stay with the subject.

In terms of videos, I don't really watch many videos that are geared towards science directly. However, when I watch Survivor, I often wonder with just a little physics knowledge, these "survivors" could do a bit better as a whole. Example:

My favorite competitor, Bob Crowly

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Feynman talking about beauty :)

 
Last edited by a moderator: