1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Want a book/notes that cover this syllabus (dynamical systems).

1. Feb 6, 2013 #1
    I am looking for a book that covers these topics at a self-contained level for self-study (ie: a book designed for a short course on the subject or lecture notes):
    Things in bold are of most interest to me. I notice there are a lot of pure math books on this subject but I'm looking for something more tailored for a "mathematical physics" course and less encyclopedic, that doesn't require much background in differential geometry or topology (just had a course in GR that teaches the basics). Anything like this out there?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 6, 2013 #2
  4. Feb 16, 2013 #3
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  5. Feb 16, 2013 #4
    Classical Dynamics: A Contemporary Approach by Jose and Saletan or Scheck's Mechanics: From Newton's Laws to Deterministic Chaos should cover most of your list. Arnol'd's Catastrophe Theory should cover the rest.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook