1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Want to have a PhD with full funding

1. Apr 3, 2014 #1
    Hi,

I want to have a PhD in Electrical Engineering in US.

Is there any grad school where an international student can get full funding with certainty?

Also, is there any grad school which does not cost me more than 15K annually in tuition fees and other related stuffs?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 4, 2014 #2
    Hi,

You apply and say you will need funding. Then they decide whether to accept or reject you, while also giving you information about the funding they choose to offer you (they will most likely include the tuition fees). Nothing else is certain.

4. Apr 4, 2014 #3
    ****. That sucks. So there is no pattern there? Like almost all students applying for XYZ university got full funding etc. Thanks anyway.

5. Apr 4, 2014 #4

Physics_UG

Gold Member

If you are accepted without funding that is pretty much a rejection, in my opinion. When you receive an acceptance letter they will usually tell you your funding arrangement (if any at all).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook