Want to Join Our Postcard Club? Here's How!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Borek
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
322 replies · 37K views
Your card is in, MiH. Nice beach.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
Yep watch out guys i am coming pillaging, i can not promise the other.
I will gladly be pillaged by Wolram. I am going to attempt to find a store on campus today that sells postcards.
 
Andre said:
Your card is in, MiH. Nice beach.

I am glad you liked it! I look forward to checking my mail this evening. Maybe your card will have arrived.

Today I sent two more postcards out to U.S. PFers.
 
Yay i have my one from MIH thank you, i am not sure why every one is looking at that wedge thing and the big oil drum though.
 
Math Is Hard said:
I am glad you liked it! I look forward to checking my mail this evening. Maybe your card will have arrived.

Today I sent two more postcards out to U.S. PFers.

Poor MIH. :frown: Dejectedly checking her empty mailbox, wondering where her postcards are.

Do they deliver mail on Columbus Day where you live? (This has to be the stupidest holiday of the year. I broke out laughing the first time I worked somewhere that gave me Columbus Day off.)
 
BobG said:
(This has to be the stupidest holiday of the year. I broke out laughing the first time I worked somewhere that gave me Columbus Day off.)
We celebrate Columbus Day, but not Constitution Day.
 
Math Is Hard said:
1) Talk like a pirate day is over.
Arrrggg the pirate comes out of me sometimes
2) I agree. I'm only going to exchange cards with people I know pretty well here and have known for a while.
How long is, "awhile" ?

wolram said:
Yep watch out guys i am coming pillaging, i can not promise the other.
Don't you have enough coins, wolram??
 
I actually went to the card store and the post office and neither had post cards.
 
Borek said:
I told you it can be difficult.

Lisab should have her card by now.

And Wollie should have his by this Friday or Monday(I sent it today).

Borek? Where is my card?...
 
OmCheeto said:
Lisab should have her card by now.

And Wollie should have his by this Friday or Monday(I sent it today).

Borek? Where is my card?...

Nope - damn Columbus Day! And the post office was closed when I went foraging for stamps!
 
OmCheeto said:
Borek? Where is my card?...

On my desk. And it will be sent most likely tomorrow, as I will need to go to post office. But it may travel even several weeks, I have seen that before. Sorry, can't help it.

And at the moment any postcards sent to me will travel looooong. There is not a single postman working in my area, they all resigned. For the last two months mail is delivered once in every two or three weeks. I am getting three issues of a weekly magazine at once, all already out of date :cry:
 
~christina~ said:
Don't you have enough coins, wolram??

Not yet, i want to go to Gottland to get some more, i hear the vikings buried loads or Arabic coins there.
But why are you angry with me for having some coins? they are not worth much.
 
Last edited:
BobG said:
Poor MIH. :frown: Dejectedly checking her empty mailbox, wondering where her postcards are.

Do they deliver mail on Columbus Day where you live? (This has to be the stupidest holiday of the year. I broke out laughing the first time I worked somewhere that gave me Columbus Day off.)

Totally empty mailbox yesterday. Stupid Columbus. And I didn't even get the day off which is lame because technically I have a gummint job and should get all the extra holidays.
 
Borek said:
And at the moment any postcards sent to me will travel looooong. There is not a single postman working in my area, they all resigned. For the last two months mail is delivered once in every two or three weeks. I am getting three issues of a weekly magazine at once, all already out of date :cry:
They all resigned? That must be a problem with paying bills..
 
Monique said:
They all resigned? That must be a problem with paying bills..

In whole Poland. Polish post is too large, too socialistic, with too many trade unions. Add to that that my local post office is awfully managed.

In fact my blood pressure goes up when I think about the institution, as large part of my income is from mail orders, so we better change the subject. Do you want a postcard? I have several more than I need. I can't promise it will get to you this year... oops, plan was to not think about it
 
BobG said:
Do they deliver mail on Columbus Day where you live?
They did, in the last town I lived - the capital of Ohio. Apparently, they don't have much respect for ol' Cristóbal there.
 
BobG said:
Do they deliver mail on Columbus Day where you live?

Gokul43201 said:
They did, in the last town I lived - the capital of Ohio. Apparently, they don't have much respect for ol' Cristóbal there.

:smile::smile:
 
Wow! My postman just now delivered mail and it's after 6:30 PM. (He was surly as usual - hungover, I suspect.)

I got your cute kitty postcard, Andre. THANK YOU! :cool:
 
Oh, I might have mail? I haven't been to the mailbox.
 
For the record: 7 postcards dropped into the post box about 30 minutes ago :smile:

Post office was full of people complaining that they are not getting their mail. They were giving their addresses, clerk moved to some other room to get back after 15 minutes with a bunch of letters. "This is all from your street, can you deliver to your neghbors?" Next client, same story, 15 minutes browsing. Penguins are better organized. I have just send my packets and postcards, I have no time today to wait longer, but if they will not bring my mail tomorrow, I will have to go there on Friday morning, as by then I will I need one of the letters that were sent to me. I really think we should throw this post away and start from scratch I passionately hate them, more and more every week.
 
Who is the biggest dummy in the whole wide world?
WOLRAM is,
why, because i put the wrong stamps on,
I have done them all again and put the correct stamps on
this time, i would not even have thought about the
cost of the stamp unless some asked me how much
it cost to send to America.
 
I have overpaid for the cards for you and Andre - 10 gr for each (I paid US rate for all postcards). I have lost about $.08.
 
Borek said:
I have overpaid for the cards for you and Andre - 10 gr for each (I paid US rate for all postcards). I have lost about $.08.

Our post office did not have enough USA value stamps, so MIH has two 50p one's,
they are horrible stamps but there is no choice.
 
Borek said:
I really think we should throw this post away and start from scratch I passionately hate them, more and more every week.

Send me your address!

Instead of sending you a postcard, I'll send you a box of guns. Give them to the postal workers. They will eliminate each other. Then they can hire new, hopefully better, employees.

That's how we do it in the USA.

btw, would it be better if I FedEx you a postcard? I believe it's only 90 złotych.
 
OmCheeto said:
Send me your address!

Sure, I forgot about it.

Instead of sending you a postcard, I'll send you a box of guns. Give them to the postal workers. They will eliminate each other. Then they can hire new, hopefully better, employees.

That's how we do it in the USA.

If nothing changes - I am moving.

btw, would it be better if I FedEx you a postcard? I believe it's only 90 złotych.

I have paid 2.50 PLN in stamps for each postcard, so it is only 36 times more expensive.
 
I need a job, can you send me an application to be a post man instead of a postcard? I don't speak polish, but I can deliver mail faster than any nonexistent postman ever.
 
wolram said:
Our post office did not have enough USA value stamps, so MIH has two 50p one's,
they are horrible stamps but there is no choice.

To send a postcard internationally costs 56p. Sounds like you've been overcharged!