Want to Join Our Postcard Club? Here's How!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Borek
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
322 replies · 37K views
tribdog said:
I need a job, can you send me an application to be a post man instead of a postcard? I don't speak polish, but I can deliver mail faster than any nonexistent postman ever.

I can send you phone number of the post office. I doubt they speak English, but it shouldn't make the situation worse than it already is.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
cristo said:
To send a postcard internationally costs 56p. Sounds like you've been overcharged!


Yes, that is two extra days of no cheese with my bread and pullit.
 
MiH, you're welcome. Any luck yet, Evo? Well, there are always more cards.

No problem whatsoever here to get cards and stamps and find mail boxes other than hotmail or yahoo.

Wanna card? PM me.
 
Andre said:
MiH, you're welcome. Any luck yet, Evo? Well, there are always more cards.

No problem whatsoever here to get cards and stamps and find mail boxes other than hotmail or yahoo.

Wanna card? PM me.

Can you use Nederland stamps please. I've a hundred relatives in Germany and 90% of my stamp collection is from there. Or better yet, do they have Euro-stamps yet? This internet crap is killing my hobby. I've not a single one.

Borek! Your card is in the mail! hmmm... after reading your posts, perhaps I should have sent you a Christmas card instead?
 
ooh! I got a pretty picture postcard from Wolly! Thanks so much! Where is Bishops Bowls Lakes?
 
Ooo I've decided that I want to exchange snail mail addesses.
I think I'll see if I can put a picture that I've taken on the front. (now I have to just find time to go to the print shop to see if this is possible)

I'm just confused as what we're supposed to write on these cards...I don't usually send cards to people out of randomness..
 
Math Is Hard said:
ooh! I got a pretty picture postcard from Wolly! Thanks so much! Where is Bishops Bowls Lakes?

It is just up the road from me, and where i found my fossils, also where some bad guys want build a hotel and houses:mad:

But how did the one with the wrong stamp get to you :confused: the mail people must have been feeling extra nice.
May be every one will get two cards.
 
~christina~ said:
I'm just confused as what we're supposed to write on these cards...I don't usually send cards to people out of randomness..

I have just put of my stream of conscience on the postcards; it doesn't matter much, as I am barely readable.

Just put address in prints so that cards to US will not end in New Zealand.
 
Meanwhile, I posted three more cards. Would be nice to see how much time it would take to travel.
 
So far, cards sent by:

MIH, Andre, Wolram2, Borek, OmCheeto, BobG

Cards received by:

MIH, Andre, Wolram

But that's probably not whole story.
 
I sent four this morning - more going out soon!
 
I have to remember to make a trip to the mail box. The last time I went I broke my arm. The Evo Child has been making by-monthly mail runs for me.
 
Evo said:
I have to remember to make a trip to the mail box. The last time I went I broke my arm. The Evo Child has been making by-monthly mail runs for me.

Monthly? I thought you lived in Kansas. When did you move to Poland?
 
lisab said:
I sent four this morning - more going out soon!

Did you get mine yet?
 
wolram said:
It is just up the road from me, and where i found my fossils, also where some bad guys want build a hotel and houses:mad:

But how did the one with the wrong stamp get to you :confused: the mail people must have been feeling extra nice.
May be every one will get two cards.

Cool. Out here they pull fossils out of a big stinky tar pit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Brea_Tar_Pits
 
Math Is Hard said:
Did you get mine yet?

Yep, I got yours - and one from OmCheeto, and one from Andre!
 
Borek said:
So far, cards sent by:

MIH, Andre, Wolram2, Borek, OmCheeto, BobG

Cards received by:

MIH, Andre, Wolram

But that's probably not whole story.


This is incredible, Borek do you mean you all ready have the air mail posted one?
If so it was sent Wednesday afternoon.
And some with the wrong postage are getting through, i am starting to believe in miracles.
 
~christina~ said:
Ooo I've decided that I want to exchange snail mail addesses.
I think I'll see if I can put a picture that I've taken on the front. (now I have to just find time to go to the print shop to see if this is possible)

I'm just confused as what we're supposed to write on these cards...I don't usually send cards to people out of randomness..


Hey christina, it is the joy of getting a card not what is on it, though some thing written on it would be better than nothing, even if it is inane mumbo jumbo.
 
wolram said:
Hey christina, it is the joy of getting a card not what is on it, though some thing written on it would be better than nothing, even if it is inane mumbo jumbo.

Ooops... All I wrote on my cards was inane mumbo jumbo..

My joy is of course seeing a black penny on the card.
 
Two more cards going today, I'll be home later today to see if somebody has thought of me.
 
Wow, got my mail today! No magazines (too heavy to carry), but at least bills and several orders, and...

POSTCARD FROM MIH :smile: :approve: :!) :biggrin:

Incongruous stamp... If I recall correctly there will be something similar on my postcards - they are from Warsaw, but stamps are with Serock view (Serock is a small city not far from here).
 
I have to go kick some bottoms at my nearest post office to get more stamps for

Hypatia and christina.

Boy will they be sorry if they are still out.
 
Wolram, Found your card today when returning home; thank you very much; a nice little scenery.
 
remember before the internet when you sent postcards to people just to keep in touch? then the internet was such a great thing because you no longer had to send postcards to keep in touch?
You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round.
 
tribdog said:
remember before the internet when you sent postcards to people just to keep in touch? then the internet was such a great thing because you no longer had to send postcards to keep in touch?
You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round.

Yeah, but after the end times, we'll be the only PFers still keeping in touch. It'll be just like that Kevin Costner movie, The Postman, or whatever the title was. (Admittedly, it was a little unrealistic - I seriously doubt a rock musician or other entertainer could ever be elected mayor of a city, even after the end times.:rolleyes:)
 
Borek said:
Wow, got my mail today! No magazines (too heavy to carry), but at least bills and several orders, and...

POSTCARD FROM MIH :smile: :approve: :!) :biggrin:

Incongruous stamp... If I recall correctly there will be something similar on my postcards - they are from Warsaw, but stamps are with Serock view (Serock is a small city not far from here).

w00t! Hooray! :smile: :smile: :smile:
 
My first postcard! :cool:

The Santa Monica pier at sunset with palm trees and Catalina Island in the ocean.

And from a rule breaker, too. She wrote in the space reserved for US Postal Service.
 
BobG said:
My first postcard! :cool:

The Santa Monica pier at sunset with palm trees and Catalina Island in the ocean.

And from a rule breaker, too. She wrote in the space reserved for US Postal Service.

OMG, will she be prosctitued?
 
wolram said:
OMG, will she be prosctitued?

No, it's a pier with an amusement park; not one where sailors hang out.

I think. What did you ask?