Want to Join Our Postcard Club? Here's How!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Borek
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
322 replies · 37K views
Hey Bob! I got your postcard! Nice handwriting!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
lisab said:
Yep, I got yours - and one from OmCheeto, and one from Andre!

I got your's and Kurdt's 10 minutes after the forum went down yesterday. Perfect timing.

Your card reminded me of when I used to live in Bremerton.
I used to ride those car ferrys to Seattle all the time, just for fun. I haven't been on one in 25 years.

I spent at least an hour studying the theme of Kurdt's card. What an outrageously cool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q54VKT_mZfI&feature=related".

Thank you both!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Still only two cards one from MIH and one from Andre.
 
Andre said:
And I got the second card from Wolram. Thanks

Amazing the under stamped one got there :smile:
 
Wolly card here - 50p version.

Wow, tried to google - looks like every second pub in UK is called The Butchers Arms :smile:
 
Thats certainly not the most popular name of pub in the UK. No prizes, but can anyone guess what the most popular name is? :wink:
 
Kurdt said:
Thats certainly not the most popular name of pub in the UK. No prizes, but can anyone guess what the most popular name is? :wink:

Woolies arms?
 
I was actually thinking of the British Beer and Pub associations stats which are slightly different.

http://www.beerandpub.com/pub_facts.aspx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
wolram said:
Still only two cards one from MIH and one from Andre.

Wouldn't you think that Borek's cards are missing in action?
 
I have two cards from England now! I owe you another one, Wolly!

I also got a beautiful postcard from BobG. Thanks, Bob. I thought those were squirrels rather than camels when I first saw them. :)
 
Andre said:
Wouldn't you think that Borek's cards are missing in action?

Just after 5 days? I bet they are still at my post office.
 
Horaaaay,

I just received a post card from Om cheeto, thanks Om, great view, though you would never get me up in one of those cable cars.
 
One of the cards I have sent landed in Finland (non-PF addressee), so at least I know they are on the move.
 
wolram said:
Horaaaay,

I just received a post card from Om cheeto, thanks Om, great view, though you would never get me up in one of those cable cars.

I was quite pleased when I didn't wet myself on my first ride. I stop by the upper tower at least once a month to get my view fix. It's quite incredible on a clear day. I can see all the way to Lisab's house. It's 130 miles away! About 60 extra miles than you and Kurdt.

I got your postcard yesterday. 3 sheep, a tree, and an old stump in a field.
Is that near your house? I google earthed your residence and saw some white lumps in the field across the street. I assumed they were sheep.

I was of course most interested in your choice of stamps, being a philatelist.

pfwolliestamp.jpg


Or was what Kurdt said true? Do the postal workers put the stamps on for you?
 
I'd do this but I'm afraid I wouldn't ever get any of the cards out...And being a one way participant isn't fair...

Om, I'm assuming the card you sent is a pic of the tram system in P-town?
 
binzing said:
I'd do this but I'm afraid I wouldn't ever get any of the cards out...And being a one way participant isn't fair...

Om, I'm assuming the card you sent is a pic of the tram system in P-town?

No binz, it's a postcard of the tram system in P-town...

Pictures would have been posted on another thread.

Btw. I got a picture from Andre of some vino today. With a very cool 92 something or other postage stamp that says.. um, wait a minute... microfont. let me put on a few more pairs of glasses... Eurocent Nederland 2008.

ah ha! my first euro-stamp.

but wait! what the hell does the post mark say?: "schrijven zegt meer"

last time I heard something that sounded like that was: "Moi ez meer"

but that was at least 390 years ago...

wait! here's something even weirder. Andre's last name is Big Jerk!

OMG!

um... wait a minute. No it isn't. I'm dyslexic.

hic!

Thanks for the post card Andre! A pic of the tram is on it's way :smile:
 
OmCheeto said:
Thanks for the post card Andre! A pic of the tram is on it's way :smile:

That has to go into another thread
 
We do not get to choose stamps Om, we just get what we are given over the counter.
I agree it is a real crapy design.
That tree stump is where strange things occurred long long ago.
 
Math Is Hard said:
I wondered why you sent me those Family Planning stamps, Wolly.


:blushing: Wishful thinking, but i did hope for a big family so that i could spend half an hour saying good night to them all.
 
wolram said:
We do not get to choose stamps Om, we just get what we are given over the counter.
I agree it is a real crapy design.
That tree stump is where strange things occurred long long ago.

Well... I pray to god that the sheep are not a result of those "strange things" that once occurred.

And what's that at the end of the stick on top of the stump? A hornets nest?

Is this one of those IQ test postcards? Now I see 8 sheep, 3 trees, a fence, and of course, the aforementioned hornets nest. Wait! Now I can see 13 sheep!

Ah ha! and the hornets nest isn't a nest at all. It's another sheep! 14!

Thanks again for the card Wollie. I think I like this club. :smile:
 
It seems my post office didn't have the new set of stamps that woolie seems to have had. I did manage to squeeze and old picture stamp out for you.
 
Andre, the card arrived today! Thats a pretty vicious animal lol. Thank you so much.