Want to Join Our Postcard Club? Here's How!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Borek
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
322 replies · 37K views
wolram said:
Hey, why pick on me? but then again all those buttons are confusing, it took me over a year to find the (') button, and i do not have a clue what the blue symbols ones do...
.

Have you found the any key already?

http://www.liewcf.com/blog/wp-images/any-key.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Andre said:
Have you found the any key already?

http://www.liewcf.com/blog/wp-images/any-key.jpg
[/URL]
:biggrin:

There should be a dedicated any key.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
wolram said:
:biggrin:

There should be a dedicated any key.

I've got one...

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1153/anykeygi5.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
lisab said:
I've got one...

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1153/anykeygi5.jpg
[/URL]

:cry:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Borek said:
For the record: 7 postcards dropped into the post box about 30 minutes ago

It was October 15th, I really hoped they will get to US before Christmas. As far as I remember Andre and Wolly got theirs, so far nobody from US confirmed receiving my mail, so the rest must have drown in Atlantic.

Or they were seized by Somali pirates, that's not exactly on the shortest path, but who knows.
 
hypatia said:
Om, thanks so much for my card !

You are quite welcome!

Borek said:
It was October 15th, I really hoped they will get to US before Christmas. As far as I remember Andre and Wolly got theirs, so far nobody from US confirmed receiving my mail, so the rest must have drown in Atlantic.

Or they were seized by Somali pirates, that's not exactly on the shortest path, but who knows.

I still think that there is a town full of Yak herders somewhere that is wondering why you sent them all those postcards. Or perhaps they went to http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+17278".
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hypatia said:
Om, thanks so much for my card !

Hy! Thank you for yours!

I always try and analyze everyone's card and find some hidden message or meaning.
I couldn't find any message or meaning in yours.
But I just love to stare at it. I do not know why.

I guess art and song are related that way.
 
Borek said:
It was October 15th, I really hoped they will get to US before Christmas. As far as I remember Andre and Wolly got theirs, so far nobody from US confirmed receiving my mail, so the rest must have drown in Atlantic.

Or they were seized by Somali pirates, that's not exactly on the shortest path, but who knows.

Borek, someone paid off the pirates!

Your postcard - cleverly disguised as a letter - arrived today - thank you!
 
lisab said:
Your postcard - cleverly disguised as a letter - arrived today - thank you!

Disguised as a letter? Must be the Christmas one? Glad to hear it made it :biggrin: but that's not the one sent in October. Last week (on 9th) I have silently sent next batch of postcards to all addresses I have :smile: This time as a priority mail.

For the record: from what I know Andre got his one on Friday.
 
Last edited:
I GOT CARDS! One from Hypatia

and one from ...

BOREK!

Thanks so much to you both. I am a loser. I am just getting to writing my Christmas cards now.
 
That means so far three out of nine made it :smile:

I am still hoping first batch will surface one day. Let's say about November 2009. That'll guarantee I will get best humor award for the next year too :-p
 
~christina~ card here :smile: Thanks!

And - for the record - I know that Wolly got my Christmas card as well. That means 4 out of 9 made it.

Please remember to post here if you get card from someone :smile:
 
A very nice card Christina, Merry Christmass too, with hot choclate
 
Borek, thank you very much for the Christmas post-card. My wife and I had a good laugh out of the way you addressed it. Before you give our postal service too much credit, though, I must tell you that 1) This is a VERY small town, and my wife and I are the only Orrs in town, and 2) the rural letter-carrier in this town is my niece.

Thanks again. My wife sometimes saves special Christmas cards - this time she wants to save the envelope, too!
 
Did you ever hear about the letter addressed:
Hill
John
Mass

the post office delivered it to John Underhill, Andover, Mass.
 
turbo-1 said:
Borek, thank you very much for the Christmas post-card.

Glad it worked :smile:

My wife and I had a good laugh out of the way you addressed it.

And I had a good laugh addressing it :smile:

Before you give our postal service too much credit, though, I must tell you that 1) This is a VERY small town

One I have checked that the Solon population is below 1000 I was almost sure it should work. In such a small places people know each other.

and my wife and I are the only Orrs in town, and 2) the rural letter-carrier in this town is my niece.

That was super bonus.

Believe it or not, but this postard made my day reaching you :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
 
Borek said:
~christina~ card here :smile: Thanks!

And - for the record - I know that Wolly got my Christmas card as well. That means 4 out of 9 made it.

Please remember to post here if you get card from someone :smile:
Your welcome and I got your card as well
I love your card and stamp, both are shiny. :biggrin:

I just don't get why you sign your name as.."borek"
Is the return address name a stolen identity?? :wink:

Math Is Hard said:
Thank you for the sweet Christmas card, Christina! :cool:
Welcome MIH, I got your card in the mail.
Very colourful.
Andre said:
A very nice card Christina, Merry Christmass too, with hot choclate
No problem..hot chocolate is nice. :smile:
 
Borek. How odd that your card arrived today.

15.1008.12 MARKIA *XY*

My white bird is looking very closely this way with an odd hanging of the head.

And there is an alien sauser heading for the Warszawa building from Los Angeles on your card! (the one that always blows up in the movies. we will have to ask MIH. I am not familiar with L.A.)
 
OmCheeto said:
Borek. How odd that your card arrived today.

15.1008.12 MARKIA *XY*

Wow, imagine those headlines - Somali pirates released the famous October cards! International action brings results! Yak herders sad! Festive mood throughout US!

Could be you got your postcard first in recognition of your efforts of plowing path for a postman.

But that's not the end of the poscard related events. When I was leaving for a New Years party yesterday I realized there is a mail in my mailbox, but we were late so I haven't checked it till just a few minutes ago - and I have a Christmas postcard from MIH. Thank you :smile:
 
Odds bodkins, i forgot this thread ,forsooth i need my donkey kicking.

Thank you very much for my card christina and Borek.

I will send cards , not being able to drive in a tiny village with no shops is a real handicap,
but it makes me feel bad as i want to, send cards that is.
 
Double drat, i had one from MIH too, thank you MIH.
 
Borek said:
Wow, imagine those headlines - Somali pirates released the famous October cards! International action brings results! Yak herders sad! Festive mood throughout US!

Could be you got your postcard first in recognition of your efforts of plowing path for a postman.



Borek! I got your card yesterday, too!
 
Great. Have you cleared the path for a mailman like Om did? :smile:

I have browsed whole thread.

So far my October postcards reached Andre, lisab, Om and Wolly.

So far my December postcards reached Andre, ~christina~, lisab, MIH, turbo and Wolly.

Seems like Evo didn't get any yet (or she just ducks because she haven't sent anything :wink:), I also can't find if BobG ever reported getting my cards.

That probably means 7 still in transit.
 
Borek said:
Seems like Evo didn't get any yet (or she just ducks because she haven't sent anything :wink:),

I don't think Evo has checked her mail in a while.