Want to Join Our Postcard Club? Here's How!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Borek
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
322 replies · 37K views
Borek said:
Good, they are on the move :smile: Strange that Andre didn't get his one first, one may think he is in the same direction, just closer.

Well it dropped just in today. Thanks. Is "Niemcy" Germany or The Netherlands? Might that have caused the delay?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I just received Wolram's and Andre's cards.
I like the flowers on the card Andre sent me, and the texture of the card that Wolram sent me is quite nice as well.

Now I'm feeling guilty that I haven't sent mine yet, so I'll order mine online today.
Just wondering if I should make them all the same or some different. I'll decide.
 
Thank you Wolram, it arrived today. Now I need to know why they plan on getting rid of the Viaduct?
 
~christina~ said:
and the texture of the card that Wolram sent me is quite nice as well.

You ate my card :cry:
 
hypatia said:
Thank you Wolram, it arrived today. Now I need to know why they plan on getting rid of the Viaduct?

There is plans to build houses and a hotel on the site, it would all most double the size of the village, needless to say none of the locals want that, but these guys have been trying for over five years now and they will not quit.
 
wolram said:
You ate my card :cry:

It was crunchy...wait, I don't think I was supposed to tell you that. :rolleyes:
 
~christina~ said:
It was crunchy...wait, I don't think I was supposed to tell you that. :rolleyes:

Mine was kind of chewy. Like new wallpaper.
 
Andre said:
meanwhile OmCheeto, got your card too thanks

You all know I'm in the "Postal" industry don't you? I can use these messages as confirmation of "transit tests" and use them as tax write offs. That's about 85 cents I'll be getting back next year. Woo Hoo! Early retirement beckons.
 
Do you need to collect some formal reports from us for that, or just "Om, your card is here" in this thread will suffice? :wink:
 
Hey Christina - I just found your email. I will send you a postcard soon, but don't eat it, OK? I think we can take recycling just so far.
 
OmCheeto said:
You all know I'm in the "Postal" industry don't you?

Are you the one who keeps raising the stamp prices in the U.S.?
 
OmCheeto said:
You all know I'm in the "Postal" industry don't you?

Whoa! So now, instead of "going postal", we can "go Cheeto"!
 
Math Is Hard said:
Are you the one who keeps raising the stamp prices in the U.S.?

And now I have tea all over my keyboard.
 
Borek said:
Do you need to collect some formal reports from us for that, or just "Om, your card is here" in this thread will suffice? :wink:

I'll be sending all of my correspondee's a 9 part pdf form. It shouldn't take more than an hour to fill out. Oh, and it's in triplicate. So you'd better buy a lot more stamps.
 
OmCheeto said:
I'll be sending all of my correspondee's a 9 part pdf form. It shouldn't take more than an hour to fill out. Oh, and it's in triplicate. So you'd better buy a lot more stamps.

Won't it be better if you will be buying stamps? We can't write them off, you can :smile:
 
Math Is Hard said:
Hey Christina - I just found your email. I will send you a postcard soon, but don't eat it, OK? I think we can take recycling just so far.

Just doing my part.

And I'm still waiting for those cards to come in the mail before I can mail them out.
 
Just got lisab Christmas wishes :smile:

With map...

Greetings from The State of Washington

And smallprint on the reverse. Printed in Korea... :smile:
 
Borek said:
Good :smile:

Niemcy is Germany. Netherlands is Holandia.

I've still not received your card.:cry:
Please don't tell me "Outer Mongolia" is what you call America.
 
OmCheeto said:
I've still not received your card.

I have seen postcards traveling to US for 6 weeks before. No idea why. 3 weeks passed since I dropped them into the post box, they are somehwere at the middle of Atlantic presumably.

Please don't tell me "Outer Mongolia" is what you call America.

OK, I won't tell you.
 
Okay I just got my postcards that I'm sending out to everyone. I'm going to write something on them.

Note: They look awful, just dreadful looking.
The printing place must have compressed, and used a low quality printer. I sent them a huge image to put on a nice small card, and they even got that wrong.

Um...whoever gets my postcard should hold it 1/2 a meter from their eyes, it looks better that way.

It is my picture though, that I took. I'll probably post it here after everyone's received their cards, so that they can see it at full resolution.
 
May be Evo's cards are in inner space.
 
Andre said:
:biggrin: The suspense is killing, Christina

I'm drawing everyone something on the card as well. :wink:

A nice little drawing.


Cards are going out tommorow.
 
~christina~ said:
I'm drawing everyone something on the card as well. :wink:

A nice little drawing.


Cards are going out tommorow.


I can not wait, you sure are puting time and effort into your cards :smile:
 
wolram said:
I can not wait, you sure are puting time and effort into your cards :smile:

Yours, Andre's, and MIH's cards just went out today.

Borek's is going out soon as well.
I had to scan what I drew on his card...I wanted to keep it after I drew it. :biggrin:

I might post it after he gets it, if he doesn't mind.
 
~christina~ said:
Yours, Andre's, and MIH's cards just went out today.

Borek's is going out soon as well.
I had to scan what I drew on his card...I wanted to keep it after I drew it. :biggrin:

I might post it after he gets it, if he doesn't mind.

Thanks, Christina, great idea, I'll scan my cards and post them but it will take some time. (Not at home)