Wanted: specific youtube science series, forgot who made it....

In summary, the conversation is about someone desperately searching for a set of YouTube videos they saw about a year ago. The videos featured a middle-aged man explaining scientific advancements throughout history in great detail. One of the experiments mentioned was the double-slit and the host may be a professor or an engineer. Despite the annoying sound of the host's lips clicking, the person enjoyed the videos and wants to find them again. They ask for help from others and appreciate any related videos that are shared.
doggonemess
This is a desperate attempt to find a set of videos I saw about a year ago on YouTube. It was not one of the big, well known guys like Veritasium or SciShow, it was just one middle aged guy. He explained scientific advancements through history, and gave really, really detailed accounts of how the experiments were performed. One of the experiments was the double-slit, and I think he may have done a video about the discovery of infrared light. I've search on all kinds of variations of those themes and haven't found his videos.

I think the host of the video may be a professor or an engineer. One thing that bugged me about the videos was that the microphone was picking up the clicking of his lips when he talked, which drives me nuts, but I liked the video so much that I stuck it out. He only made five or six videos when I saw his channel, but enjoyed them immensely.

If anyone has seen these, or knows who I'm talking about, PLEASE reply so I can stop going nuts. I also want to watch them again, anyway. :)

Thanks!
Jamie

Physics news on Phys.org
How about him: ?
At least the audio track comes close to your description.

Nope, that's not it. But thank you!

Incidentally, I just realized that every 'wrong' reply will actually include a cool science video I might not have seen before. Best thread ever!

robphy: No, that's not it. But thank you for those, I'm looking forward to watching them!

1. What was the name of the specific YouTube science series?

The series is called "Crash Course" and is produced by Hank Green and John Green.

2. What topics are covered in the series?

The series covers a wide range of topics including biology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, and history of science.

3. How many episodes are in the series?

As of 2021, there are over 1,000 episodes in the series.

4. Is the series suitable for all ages?

Yes, the series is designed for learners of all ages and is appropriate for middle school, high school, and college students.

5. Are the videos accurate and reliable sources of information?

Yes, the series is well-researched and fact-checked by experts in the respective fields. Additionally, the videos include links to sources for further reading and verification.