Was I the only one not being able to reach the site?

  • Topic: Complaint 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Wrichik Basu
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
97 replies · 10K views
fresh_42 said:
That's nothing to what happened to me. I had to install a new router after weeks without telephone, and the first thing this d... thing told me was: service unavailable.

The very last thread I visited before PF crashed was... this one. Ironic?

@Greg Bernhardt did you try punching that hard drive right in the back of its face? That's supposed to work 4 out of 3 times.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Drakkith said:
The very last thread I visited before PF crashed was... this one. Ironic?

@Greg Bernhardt did you try punching that hard drive right in the back of its face? That's supposed to work 4 out of 3 times.
yeah I think my knuckles lost :biggrin:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: devadmin and Drakkith
Data center needs to claim the busted HD which is now slaved on the server. This means the server will be down about 30min Sat at 7pm CST.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and ChrisVer
Greg Bernhardt said:
Data center needs to claim the busted HD which is now slaved on the server. This means the server will be down about 30min Sat at 7pm CST.
Thanks for the warning. Tranquilizers at the ready.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: bhobba and Ibix
Greg Bernhardt said:
Data center needs to claim the busted HD which is now slaved on the server. This means the server will be down about 30min Sat at 7pm CST.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: bhobba, SammyS and OmCheeto
Greg Bernhardt said:
Data center needs to claim the busted HD which is now slaved on the server. This means the server will be down about 30min Sat at 7pm CST.
I hope it doesn't turn into a whole day again. I don't think my F5 key could handle that two weeks in a row... :nb)

:headbang: <- artist's impression of me hitting refresh every five minutes at reasonable intervals last weekend.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: bhobba
Greg Bernhardt said:
Data center needs to claim the busted HD which is now slaved on the server. This means the server will be down about 30min Sat at 7pm CST.
Time zone conversion: 1 day 1:30 after this post.

Edit: Fixed day.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: bhobba
mfb said:
Time zone conversion: 1:30 after this post.

Isn't that 25:30?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42
Am I the only one not getting e-mail notifications (from the forum only) for over 24hrs now? Greg, are you aware?
 
Stavros Kiri said:
Greg, are you aware?
LMAO...
 
Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
I see there is an issue
Just saw it or it's been? ...
 
OCR said:
LMAO...
Lol (I wouldn't risk my a** ...)
[Edit: just a "semantics" post ... nothing implied about Greg]
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: bhobba
OCR said:
LMAO...
Noticed the editing ... Lol
 
Yep! Works now. Started getting e-mails ...
Greg must have done some magic!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: bhobba and Greg Bernhardt
Stavros Kiri said:
Am I the only one not getting e-mail notifications (from the forum only) for over 24hrs now? Greg, are you aware?
Same here... I’m assuming it’s normal so I’ll just wait.
 
doglover9754 said:
Same here... I’m assuming it’s normal so I’ll just wait.
Emails are working again, I can see. If you are not getting notifications unwatch and then rewatch the thread.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: doglover9754
doglover9754 said:
Same here... I’m assuming it’s normal so I’ll just wait.
It was fixed. Mine works
 
When Editing a post, the "Remove Formatting" button has no effect; the "Use BB Code Editor" button shows the post as entered, i.e. with the BB Codes shown rather than executed.

Or am I wrongly remembering 'The Way It Used To Be'?
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Emails are working again, I can see. If you are not getting notifications unwatch and then rewatch the thread.
It works now. Thanks!
 
Tom.G said:
When Editing a post, the "Remove Formatting" button has no effect; the "Use BB Code Editor" button shows the post as entered, i.e. with the BB Codes shown rather than executed.

Or am I wrongly remembering 'The Way It Used To Be'?
I wasn’t here before so I have no clue... I can’t even find the button
T-T
 
doglover9754 said:
I wasn’t here before so I have no clue... I can’t even find the button
The button(s) in question appear in the upper right when you Edit one of your recent posts. I _thought_ the "Remove Formatting" button used to operate as the "Use BB Code Editor" button now operates. I haven't used the "Use BB Code Editor" when Editing, so I don't know its past function.

With 'before', I was referring to before the sight went offline a week ago.

Perhaps one of the site Guru's has an answer.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: doglover9754
Tom.G said:
The button(s) in question appear in the upper right when you Edit one of your recent posts. I _thought_ the "Remove Formatting" button used to operate as the "Use BB Code Editor" button now operates. I haven't used the "Use BB Code Editor" when Editing, so I don't know its past function.

With 'before', I was referring to before the sight went offline a week ago.

Perhaps one of the site Guru's has an answer.
I think the BB button does what is expected and the Remove Formatting (RF) button never did anything. Ctrl+Z (or is it Ctrl+Y on an English keyboard?) does any reversals, so I can't really think of a function for this RF button.
 
fresh_42 said:
Remove Formatting (RF) button never did anything
Make some text bold. Highlight it and then click the remove formatting button.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
Greg Bernhardt said:
Make some text bold. Highlight it and then click the remove formatting button.
Thanks for the tip. I always did the same by hitting the corresponding format button again.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
Tom.G said:
The button(s) in question appear in the upper right when you Edit one of your recent posts. I _thought_ the "Remove Formatting" button used to operate as the "Use BB Code Editor" button now operates. I haven't used the "Use BB Code Editor" when Editing, so I don't know its past function.

With 'before', I was referring to before the sight went offline a week ago.
Oh! Well thanks for the information! I learned something new today :P
 
fresh_42 said:
Thanks for the tip. I always did the same by hitting the corresponding format button again.
The remove formatting button is nice for bulk content with many different formats. You can remove it all in one go.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri and doglover9754
Greg Bernhardt said:
The remove formatting button is nice for bulk content with many different formats. You can remove it all in one go.
I should try that when I ask my confusing and long analytical questions