Was the Physics Forums Ultrasound Post an April Fools' Joke?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rootX
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
79 replies · 13K views
The funny part is that they said Russ joined the trip but his name wasn't among the PFers who attended the wedding. on the other hand I don't remember cristo saying anything about joining the trip but his picture and name is there...:biggrin:


Monique said:
What, is it so unbelievable that I would take a vacation? :cry: actually that's true..

If I told you that I'm going to the Seychelles next week, would you believe that? :biggrin:

:smile:

Since you live in Europe it was a bit unlikely to join them!:biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Lisa! said:
on the other hand I don't remember cristo saying anything about joining the trip but his picture and name is there...:biggrin:

cristo had probably had too many pina coladas to be able to type :biggrin:

Seriously, though, I did cost a flight to bora bora, and the cheapest I found would cost a monsterous £4000 !
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Everything was fake. No PF'ers are in those photos :D In fact those are just images I took from google images lol. The top header is also fake with me and MIH. I took one of her fb photos and pasted myself next to her. Works pretty well because it's black and white. That takes a lot of color mismatches out.

In other words, no PF'ers were harmed in the execution of this April Fools.

I did have my whip ready just in case...

Zz.
 
I thought the dead give-awy was me by myself on a jet ski. :eek:
 
Evo said:
I thought the dead give-awy was me by myself on a jet ski. :eek:
That should have been an instant tip-off. The jet ski wasn't smashed, burning or sinking. Naw! Can't be Evo.
 
I will go cry in a corner now realizing this is not real :)

You are not alone. I seriously thought there is going to be a successor to PF, the Greg Jr. Now the future of PF looks dire. It would have been such a perfect synthesis coming to light as an emergent process and leading the way into the 22nd century. How could this happen tonight? was it a tear in the fabric of cyberspace? Were the gods not appeased with any more bytes?
 
cristo said:
cristo had probably had too many pina coladas to be able to type :biggrin:

Seriously, though, I did cost a flight to bora bora, and the cheapest I found would cost a monsterous £4000 !
I found one from LAX to PPT (Papeete) for ~ $1300 - $1700 trip.

From NYC to PPT is $1700-2100 round trip

I could actually fly NYC to Melbourne or Sydney for about ~$1100 roundtrip.
 
Astronuc said:
I found one from LAX to PPT (Papeete) for ~ $1300 - $1700 trip.

From NYC to PPT is $1700-2100 round trip

I could actually fly NYC to Melbourne or Sydney for about ~$1100 roundtrip.

Group trip! :cool:
 
Lisa! said:
:smile:

Since you live in Europe it was a bit unlikely to join them!:biggrin:
Nah, I would join them in a heart beat (it was a paid trip to Bora Bora!). Did you notice it took me two days to get back home? I did my homework :smile:
 
U got me too...never expected this ...ohhhh mannn
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Everything was fake. No PF'ers are in those photos :D In fact those are just images I took from google images lol. The top header is also fake with me and MIH. I took one of her fb photos and pasted myself next to her. Works pretty well because it's black and white. That takes a lot of color mismatches out.

That's some good Photoshop work Greg.
 
Lolz. I was wondering how all of you flew down together!
 
Greg, I read what you wrote and I think you're in love. Finding out that the wedding was off must have been crushing!
 
lisab said:
If you Topeka "Bora Bora lunch" it's the first hit in images - it's a tour operator's site..

heh heh.. "Topeka" .. saw that this morning. :)
 
cristo said:
Seriously, though, I did cost a flight to bora bora, and the cheapest I found would cost a monsterous £4000 !

That's chump change for the Church of Scientology. They paid for everything.
 
Math Is Hard said:
That's chump change for the Church of Scientology. They paid for everything.

Sadly you have to hang out with Tom Cruise for a year. Small price to pay for a free wedding though!:-p
 
MotoH said:
Sadly you have to hang out with Tom Cruise for a year. Small price to pay for a free wedding though!:-p

Says you :biggrin:.
 
chaoseverlasting said:
Lolz. I was wondering how all of you flew down together!
Private jet.

Greg and Tom are buddies. :biggrin:
 
Astronuc said:
Private jet.

Greg and Tom are buddies. :biggrin:

As Tom has clearly promoted below
 
Attachments
  • cruise.gif
    cruise.gif
    66.8 KB · Views: 618
Greg Bernhardt said:
As Tom has clearly promoted below

:smile:
 
HAHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAA:smile:AAAAAAAAHAAHAHAAAA:smile::cry:AA:smile:AAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAA... :ran out of breath:


OMG! I wasn't going to open this thread, I was like 'nah, no one fooled me on 1st April, ever' :smile:

YOU GOT ME! :biggrin:
 
Yea. Got me too. And here I thought I actually saw Evos bare legs.
 
dlgoff said:
Yea. Got me too. And here I thought I actually saw Evos bare legs.
You mean her bear legs?
 
This was the worst April fool day for me. I believed almost everything said today (in total about 5 times)
 
I highlighted the ultrasound and the link said April Fools before I even clicked it on it. :] I actually believed the wedding though, haha.
 
turbo-1 said:
I have a thing for bear legs. :redface:

I wonder if DaveC would volunteer to shave bear legs.