1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wat is the exciting topic in math to learn?

1. Feb 27, 2009 #1
    wat is the exciting topic in math to learn..?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 27, 2009 #2
    Re: Math

It depends on several factors like your knowledge, your age, what you are interested in, etc...

If I asked "What is the most exciting game to play?", my father would say chess, my brother would say tennis, and my little cousin would say tic-tac-toe.

4. Feb 27, 2009 #3

Nabeshin

Science Advisor

Obviously addition. That was a blast.

5. Feb 27, 2009 #4

Mentallic

Homework Helper

True that. But when subtraction came into the picture... *orgasms*

6. Feb 28, 2009 #5

Maths is a very great and important study for life. i said important for life because every one uses math knowingly or unknowingly. in the world everything is a maths including human behaviors. oops i think i am going beyond your question. my answer is learn as much as possible all the fields in maths are interesting. but what ever field you choose, start from the basics.

7. Mar 1, 2009 #6

Gib Z

Homework Helper

You know why they say ladies have it better then don't you? They can do multiplication!

8. Mar 1, 2009 #7

Everyone knows that the most exciting topic in mathematical physics is stuporspace, which includes such techniques as Chevrolet Cohomologies, off-Shell Petroleum Derivatives, Non-Abelian Wind-Mills, Telephone operators, and the McDonald-Hamburger nullity relations!

See the following paper by Kangaroo et al:

http://insti.physics.sunysb.edu/~siegel/parodies/stuperspace.html

The purpose of this is to parody the use of buzzwords in mathematics and physics that publishers and grant agencies encourage.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook