Water ride / roller coaster designer?

In summary, there are various majors that could be suitable for a job in engineering, such as structural, civil, or architectural engineering. However, experience may be more important than the specific degree. Additionally, it is recommended to focus on breadth classes to specialize in structure design and modeling. A degree and Professional Engineer certification may be necessary for designing and working on structures involving life safety.
jason5699
What major would you study for a job like that, I'm hoping for someone to say structural/ civil/ architectural engineering because that's what I'm looking into but I've heard that its more mechanical or electrical engineering.

In my opinion, take any of them... You learn a lot of the same things, however, there are differences. I work in engineering for a large wind energy company, and I don't even have a degree. It's more about the experience that you have. I gained my position from many years of manufacturing experience. I know more engineers without degrees than I know with degrees. Ninety percent of the time my bosses have to come to me for problems.

I am currently in school for Physics.

jason5699 said:
What major would you study for a job like that, I'm hoping for someone to say structural/ civil/ architectural engineering because that's what I'm looking into but I've heard that its more mechanical or electrical engineering.
I'd recommend that you plan to major in ME, and look at breadth classes to focus on specializing in structure design and modeling.
Scraps said:
I work in engineering for a large wind energy company, and I don't even have a degree.
Contraty to what @Scraps is saying, in addition to your degree, you will need to earn your Professional Engineer certification if you are going to be designing and working on structures that involve life safety.

What is the role of a water ride/roller coaster designer?

A water ride/roller coaster designer is responsible for designing and creating amusement park rides that provide thrilling and safe experiences for riders. They use their knowledge of physics, engineering, and mathematics to design layouts, calculate speeds and forces, and incorporate special effects to enhance the ride experience.

What skills are necessary to become a successful water ride/roller coaster designer?

A successful water ride/roller coaster designer must have a strong background in engineering, physics, and mathematics. They must also possess creativity, attention to detail, and problem-solving abilities. Strong communication and teamwork skills are also important in this role as designers often work with a team of engineers and technicians to bring their ideas to life.

What are the safety considerations when designing a water ride/roller coaster?

Safety is a top priority for water ride/roller coaster designers. They must ensure that the ride is structurally sound and can withstand the forces experienced during operation. They also need to consider factors such as rider height and weight restrictions, emergency evacuation procedures, and proper maintenance protocols.

What are some challenges faced by water ride/roller coaster designers?

One of the main challenges faced by water ride/roller coaster designers is balancing safety with the thrill factor. They must create rides that are exciting and entertaining, but also safe for riders. Another challenge is incorporating new technologies and special effects to keep the rides fresh and appealing to guests.

What is the design process for creating a new water ride/roller coaster?

The design process for a new water ride/roller coaster typically involves several steps. It starts with the conceptualization and brainstorming phase, where designers come up with ideas and create initial sketches. Next, they use computer-aided design (CAD) software to create detailed plans and layouts. After that, they build scale models and conduct tests to ensure the ride's safety and functionality. Finally, the ride is constructed and undergoes rigorous testing before it is opened to the public.