Weighing the Pros and Cons of a Mechanical Engineering Career

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
collegescholar
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I am thinking about being a mechanical engineer but there are a few things I wanted to take into account before I picked this field.

First, the amount of available jobs is important.

Second, salary. I'm not a money crazed person but I plan on raising a family. I want to be able to pay off all of my debt as fast as I can and never be in debt ever again. I want to be able to pay for my kids' college if I ever end up having any. I want to have a lot of financial security.

Third, I want to go into the aerospace industry. What jobs would be available for me in this industry with a degree in mechanical engineering?

Fourth, would it be smart to get a masters degree in aerospace engineering? Would it effect job openings and salary?

Thank you guys for your time. I really appreciate it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This post is a more detailed version of your previous post, and probably more relevant here. Generally double posting is frowned upon.
 
Sorry I am new here and I couldn't find my original post and thought that it wasn't posted but I got it all figured out now. Sorry again.