Welcome Freija: New Puppy Arrives!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kurdt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Hello
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
134 replies · 15K views
Kurdt said:
Her ball was only thrown once. She just runs around with it after that.
Only 6 months old, and she is a KILLER at playing keep-away and tease.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
She stopped? She seemed to be in constant motion to me...wonderfully exhuberant puppiness! :biggrin: She's growing into a beautiful dog!
Yep! She stopped in full profile with a show-dog's "money shot" bench pose. A beautiful ***** for certain.
 
Her favourite game is chase, either being chased or chasing. Shes started chasing birds and almost got killed this morning when she zoned out and ran across the road. I don't know how I'm going to get her out of chasing birds :frown:.
 
Great movie! I see she's got Keepaway down pat, and she does the obligatory flyby very well. :biggrin:
 
Yes she seems to be regressing in the commands area. Never mind. I guess all pups go through bad patches.
 
Beautiful puppy, absolutely adorable. She really is a great looking dog!

Kurdt said:
I don't know how I'm going to get her out of chasing birds :frown:.

My dog is the same way he is a belgian tervuren which is a type of belgian sheepdog and his instinct is to herd things, as we have no livestock on our farm he herds the birds. It is pretty funny to watch. He is about 5 or 6 years old now and hasn't grown out of it.
 
That was funny. She was NOT going to give up that ball.

I assume you finally got a hold of her.
 
Kurdt said:
Her favourite game is chase, either being chased or chasing. Shes started chasing birds and almost got killed this morning when she zoned out and ran across the road. I don't know how I'm going to get her out of chasing birds :frown:.
Take her out to chase a flock of quail? If you were hunting the birds, you'd appreciate her flushing them. :biggrin:

turbo-1 said:
Rhymes with witch**

:smile: Don't you hate it when censored for using a word in a perfectly acceptable context? :rolleyes:
 
Oh she comes back to get her lead on. She knows she gets a treat then. She does drop her ball a good 5 metres from where we are though.
 
Moonbear said:
:smile: Don't you hate it when censored for using a word in a perfectly acceptable context? :rolleyes:
Really! I didn't use the word in the political sub-forum!
 
Kurdt said:
Her ball was only thrown once. She just runs around with it after that.

I have a Chocolate Laborador Retriever like that...well she's not much of a retriever...really more of an absconder.
 
Just a couple more for hypatia :smile:

This was taken on the 22nd of November.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3320/1000064jp6.jpg

This one was taken on the 9th of December.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/5726/1000074ip4.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
She is just lovely! Thanks for posting them.I love her "hoops" trick. She has gotten so big!
 
The hoops one is my favorite, the way one eye matches the hoop color!
 
My room is messy. I was having a new radiator fitted at the time so everything wasn't where it should be.
 
Freija says "This is how all the cool dogs carry their hoops".
 
I know of a few pups that will sleep well tonight. And the mud, how fun!
 
They see each other every day which is sweet. If only that was enough for such a high energy dog.
 
Kurdt said:
Another vid taken today.
That's a great vid.

So, Kurdt, how you're not running with the dogs? :biggrin:


That looks like a great field for Frisbee.
 
Wow! She's gotten so big since I last saw photos of her! She's turned into a beautiful lady. :approve:
 
Thanks Moonbear. Although I don't know many ladies that like plodging in mud. :-p
 
Kurdt said:
Thanks Moonbear. Although I don't know many ladies that like plodging in mud. :-p

Hmmph! Most just aren't willing to admit to enjoying it. :biggrin:
 
Haha, she's a big pup now. She has a heck of a tongue (in the video).
 
Harry looks like he needs the workouts, too. He appears to have a lot of Greyhound in him, and it's hard for any human to give such dogs an adequate workout - they really want high-speed chase/keep-away. There is a lady near here who has adopted a couple of retired track-dogs, and she walks them along the road-side in her own sedentary way. It's nice that she's given them a home, but I'd love to see them get workouts/play with Freija and Harry.
 
Harry is a greyhound. He was a stray that used to live on the field that they were playing on in the video for a few months until a kind resident managed to coax him into her house and he's now been adopted by her. He has improved lots because previously he'd stay away from all people and dogs and now he's very happy. Greyhounds being sprinters don't need as much eercise as you might think.
 
I haven't had a decent connection at home to watch it yet. :frown:
 
Evo said:
I haven't had a decent connection at home to watch it yet. :frown:

I hope that improves.