Welcome! Seeking Advice to Become a Tech Inventor

• Courses
  • Thread starter KeshavTheBest
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Welcome
In summary, the conversation discusses the desire to become a tech inventor and the best course to achieve this goal. The suggested route is through a standard engineering curriculum, specifically the mechatronics course, which covers subjects such as robotics, nanotechnology, programming, digital electronics, and mechanics. However, to truly be an effective inventor, one must have a unique perspective and be willing to think outside the box. The conversation also mentions the importance of patents and competition in the world of inventions.
KeshavTheBest
Hello , I'm new to this forums so I wasn't sure where to post this , if I have posted in the wrong board please move it to the right section.

I always wanted to become to invent tech. I'm amazed by today's gadgets and I love physics. When I was 14 , I told everyone that I will become a tech scientist (idk if something like that really exists , I was just a kid :3), but now I want to know that which course is best for me to become a tech inventor?

Physics news on Phys.org
My guess would be the standard engineering curriculum and especially the mechatronics course. The current trends today are in electronics and mechanical systems ala robotics, nanotechnology... and for these you'll need to understand some programming, some digital electronics and some mechanics.

To become an inventor though you'll need to develop a nose for seeing problems where ever you look and for then finding a solution. Eventually, you'll find solutions that no one has thought of before and are unique enough to be patented and then you've become an inventor.

There's a quote by George Bernard Shaw about the unreasonable man:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

You must be that unreasonable man to be an effective inventor.

If you look at kickstarter you'll see lots of invention ideas but they are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to inventions. Too many people think a better mode of motorized transport (ala skate board, roller skates, unicycles...) with app control is the way to go but can you come up with something that cost-effective, novel, and cool too?)

One way to look at it is an invention teaches the country or the world something new and unique and for that reason the gov't gives you a 20 year license to develop it further without hindrance by competitors trying to steal your original idea. However they may invent something different for the same problem and then it's "May the best invention win!" but that's how competition is.

What is the purpose of "Welcome! Seeking Advice to Become a Tech Inventor"?

The purpose of "Welcome! Seeking Advice to Become a Tech Inventor" is to provide guidance and advice to individuals who are interested in becoming tech inventors. It aims to help them understand the necessary steps and skills needed to succeed in the tech industry.

Who can benefit from "Welcome! Seeking Advice to Become a Tech Inventor"?

Anyone who is interested in pursuing a career as a tech inventor can benefit from "Welcome! Seeking Advice to Become a Tech Inventor". This includes students, professionals, and individuals with a passion for technology and innovation.

What type of advice can be found in "Welcome! Seeking Advice to Become a Tech Inventor"?

"Welcome! Seeking Advice to Become a Tech Inventor" provides a wide range of advice, including tips on developing ideas, creating prototypes, securing funding, and navigating the tech industry. It also offers guidance on building a strong network, staying updated on the latest technologies, and overcoming challenges.

Are there any success stories featured in "Welcome! Seeking Advice to Become a Tech Inventor"?

Yes, "Welcome! Seeking Advice to Become a Tech Inventor" includes success stories from real tech inventors. These stories serve as inspiration and motivation for aspiring inventors and offer valuable insights into the journey of becoming a successful tech inventor.

Is "Welcome! Seeking Advice to Become a Tech Inventor" suitable for individuals with no prior experience in the tech industry?

Yes, "Welcome! Seeking Advice to Become a Tech Inventor" is designed to be helpful for individuals with no prior experience in the tech industry. It provides a comprehensive guide for beginners, starting from the basics and gradually building upon more advanced topics.