1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Well living in El Salvador i decided for an engineering but wich one?

1. Jan 7, 2010 #1
    Well living in El Salvador i decided for an engineering but wich one???

Well looks like engineers have more job security and use a lot of mathematics and physics, now which one? I love Physics so could be

Mechanical
    Biomedical
    Electric
    Mechatronic
    Electronic

this i are some interesting, some advices please.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 7, 2010 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Well living in El Salvador i decided for an engineering but wich one???

What area of physics do you especially like?

4. Jan 7, 2010 #3

Energy,How things produce movement. Well in my school the last exams where newtons laws and the conservation of energy so i really am an ignorant. I was thinking in mechanical they look to see even robots, motors and things like that.

Biomedical look to see a lot of calculations or Mechatronic i am clueless =(

5. Jan 7, 2010 #4

I'm just finishing up a undergraduate in biomedical, and unless your really interested in somthing like tissue engineering, what would likly suggest is to enter a ME or EE program and find a prof to work with who does biomedical engineering to work with but get a degree in EE or ME and try to take a couple biology courses. If a biomedical company wants someone who understands mechanics, they ofter hire a ME and if they want someone who understands electrical stuff they get a EE. Unless your going to be working for small start ups where a braod knowlege base is useful, or you want to go to grad school I would stick to ME,EE or ChemE to be more employable.

6. Jan 7, 2010 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sounds like you might enjoy Mechanical. You should go to the Mechanical Engineering forum here and see what kind of things they're discussing...just to get an idea of the kinds of things they study.

7. Jan 8, 2010 #6

Thanks men, in ME you see a lot of calculations right?

8. Jan 8, 2010 #7

Thanks a lot =)

9. Jan 8, 2010 #8

Looks like ME is the way =)

10. Aug 16, 2010 #9

Wow lisab i felt in love with Electrcity in my course and i like solar panels.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook