Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What a world without decoherence would be like

1. Oct 19, 2009 #1

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Here are the Pirsa video talks by Robin Blume-Kohout:
    http://pirsa.org/index.php?p=speaker&name=Robin_Blume-Kohout

I've just seen one talk, that he gave October 1, just a couple of weeks back.
    The topic is Quantum Knowledge.
    http://pirsa.org/09100089/

What is it. What is quantum data compression. What is a quantum agent.
    How can you tell something is a quantum agent.

Robin B-K is good. I have to recommend this talk to just about anybody, at any level, who is interested in the quantum-classical borderline of reality.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 20, 2009 #2

Fra

Thanks Marcus, I just tried to give it a 5 min skim and I partially like what I see. I need to get time to listen to this talk in it's entitry.

I connect particularly to some things he says, for example his behaviouralism suggesting that the action of a system reflects it's knowledge. This is really close to how I envision that you can infere the microstructure of the environment or any other system by observing and restructuring the information. Also the idea that quantum agents (I would call it a quantum inference system) would outperform in certain situations a classical agents also makes excellent sense to me. I see the parallells to game theory where it's been noted several times that quantum games are in a certain way "more efficient", I think of them as beeing "more fit", which is why there is a selection for them in the evolutionary view I have.
    But I think the spirit of intent is very similar.

I'll try to read this more properly tonight maybe.

/Fredrik

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook