What Adventures Await on the SS Galenog?
- Thread starter Gale
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Welcome
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
75 replies · 9K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Science Advisor
- 365
- 88
Yarrgh! Ye got's more t'fret th'n a yellow submarine, me scurvy dog! Cap'n MIH and 'er crew 'r jest a pickin' a http://www.kiteplace.com/kiteplace_single_line_ship_.htm that'll send the barnacledog, err, I mean Galenog, scavengin' Davy Jone's locker fer treashures!brewnog said:Urrrrm, Cap'n Galey, they've got a submarine! *gulp*[/size]
Okay, I admit it -- MIH is tryin' to 'member the combo t'er safe so she c'n ref'rence 'er secret piece of paper -- psst - it says " Port Left - Starboard Right"
Last edited by a moderator:
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,751
- 8
Avast Cap'n Gale, arrrr!
Turn the SS Galenog around, post haste! Them thar scurvy seadogs are cruisin for a bruisin! After them, ye seafaring vagabonds!
All hands on deck! Pengwuino, prepare the cannons! We're goin ter take those landlubbers fer all they be worth!
And will somebody please give that bloody parrot a cracker?
Turn the SS Galenog around, post haste! Them thar scurvy seadogs are cruisin for a bruisin! After them, ye seafaring vagabonds!
All hands on deck! Pengwuino, prepare the cannons! We're goin ter take those landlubbers fer all they be worth!
And will somebody please give that bloody parrot a cracker?
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
Gale17 said:http://www.piratesstore.com/images/store/flag_images/flags-wh-band-155.gif
Arg Mateys! I am yer Captain Pillowhead! This is the Pf pirate ship, the SS Galenog! all ye who board best be ready fer fantastic adventures and treasures beyond yer wildest dreams. All you scallywags prepare to set sail!
First mate brewndog, hoist the sails!
Um er, can a rather un dashing man with a big gun and huge sharp cutting
type thingy join the crew?
Last edited by a moderator:
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
arildno said:You'll have to share the bunk with Roger..
will i have room f me uge shape cutting type thingy and big gun?
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
arildno said:It shouldn't be any problem accomodating that big gun of yours.
You notice it be gone quiet? is um fearin me big gun?
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
arildno said:Nah, they're just apprehensive of what might come out of the whole thingy.
Oh, ok i be just standin er an whistle an fiddle wi me huge sharp cutting
thingy then.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,751
- 8
Welcome aboard, me harty wolram lad!
We be needing all the swashbuckling buccaneers we be getting, young wolram lad! We (Cap'n Galey, First Mate Brewnog, Cabin Boy Pengwuino and Parrot Motai) be preparing to battle with those rogue ragscallions Moonbear, MIH and Smurf!
Put the kettle on, there's a pretty boy.
We be needing all the swashbuckling buccaneers we be getting, young wolram lad! We (Cap'n Galey, First Mate Brewnog, Cabin Boy Pengwuino and Parrot Motai) be preparing to battle with those rogue ragscallions Moonbear, MIH and Smurf!
Put the kettle on, there's a pretty boy.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
brewnog said:Welcome aboard, me harty wolram lad!
We be needing all the swashbuckling buccaneers we be getting, young wolram lad! We (Cap'n Galey, First Mate Brewnog, Cabin Boy Pengwuino and Parrot Motai) be preparing to battle with those rogue ragscallions Moonbear, MIH and Smurf!
Put the kettle on, there's a pretty boy.
Capn Galey ay, i tek er silver f me skill wi uge sharp cutting type thingy.
an we batlin Moonbear n a Smurf ay.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
YAAARRRHHH! Avast ye scurvey curs and ye curvey scurs! (ye know who ye are) Fetch me Dramamine - we set sail at dawn!
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
Math Is Hard said:YAAARRRHHH! Avast ye scurvey curs and ye curvey scurs! (ye know who ye are) Fetch me Dramamine - we set sail at dawn!
Well i opes i aint a curvycur, anyone calls me that n they be gettin me huge
sharpe cuttin type thing up the briskit.
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
It looks like Gramatica from here.Moonbear said:Who're we makin' walk t' plank already?
You guys are a disgrace. Every self-respecting hoard of pirates needs a theme song. I suggest something to the tune of The Ballad of Captain Kidd.
http://www.contemplator.com/sea/
http://www.jsward.com/shanty/index.shtml
I actually wrote a shanty to Captain Kidd, but it was about archaeology and Troy. Anyway, it's easy to do.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Well, since Smurf and I are modern Ninja Pirates in our submarine, I think we should go with this one:
http://www.jsward.com/shanty/last_shanty.html
And this one sounds about right for the crew of the Galenog:
http://www.jsward.com/shanty/AllForMeGrog/index.html
http://www.jsward.com/shanty/last_shanty.html
And this one sounds about right for the crew of the Galenog:
http://www.jsward.com/shanty/AllForMeGrog/index.html
JamesU
Gold Member
- 828
- 3
moonbear, can I join you and smurf and become a ninja sub pirate?
TheStatutoryApe
- 301
- 3
I think I'll go to Haiti and form myself a crew of Zombies... or maybe Zoobies, I haven't decided yet.
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
"Where is me wench, me noggy noggy wench" Yep, that's perfect.Moonbear said:Well, since Smurf and I are modern Ninja Pirates in our submarine, I think we should go with this one:
http://www.jsward.com/shanty/last_shanty.html
And this one sounds about right for the crew of the Galenog:
http://www.jsward.com/shanty/AllForMeGrog/index.html
JamesU
Gold Member
- 828
- 3
okay, you know what, if it's going to take this long to become a ninga pirate I'll start my own group. The purple jellyfish have already agreed to come with me, and we will create the best theory ever: hyperjellitivity. anyone else in?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
You'll have to ask Captain Smurf. I'm just the wench on the crew. Though, since you wouldn't drop a lifeboat for me when they made me walk the plank, I don't know if I'll be putting in a good word for you with the Captain.yomamma said:moonbear, can I join you and smurf and become a ninja sub pirate?

JamesU
Gold Member
- 828
- 3
no, nvm. I am one with the jellies and have started our hyperjellitivity theory
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
That reminds me- you guys also need a Pirate Code of Conduct.Moonbear said:You'll have to ask Captain Smurf. I'm just the wench on the crew. Though, since you wouldn't drop a lifeboat for me when they made me walk the plank, I don't know if I'll be putting in a good word for you with the Captain.![]()
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
I don't do water very well, and I refuse to take sides in this issue since I have friends in all crews. I therefore call upon FredGarvin, Z-Component, Integral, KingNothing and any other interested iron bird drivers to assist in the formation of the Danger Squadron Flying Pirates. Integral, you will be in charge of sniping that Vamp and SR-71 from the museum. Fred, one each please of Lynx, Cobra and Skycrane, as well as hangar facilities. Z-C, at your age you're probably the only one who can fit into the Vamp, so she's all yours. Fred and I will take one Arrow each, but we have to build them from scratch. Someone try to scare up a sub-chaser, too, in case Smurf gets uppity. If anybody can find Huck, tell him to bring a couple of Harriers with him. SkyKingNothing, bring what you can; if you have a favourite warbird, add it to the list.
I'll figure out further details and logo design while at work.
I'll figure out further details and logo design while at work.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
Sliver me timbers, it be ard life as a pirate, i bin ere all night a whistlin and
playing with me huge sharp cuttinig type thing an i aint even ad no grog.
playing with me huge sharp cuttinig type thing an i aint even ad no grog.