Lari Santos Messages 1 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Jan 18, 2025 #1 I am a physics student and I have a question: What happens to light when it passes near a very massive object, like a star or a black hole?
I am a physics student and I have a question: What happens to light when it passes near a very massive object, like a star or a black hole?
berkeman Admin Messages 69,782 Reaction score 25,630 Jan 18, 2025 #2 Welcome to PF. What reading have you been doing about this question? What have you found? Can you post links to your reading and ask specific questions about that reading? Thanks.
Welcome to PF. What reading have you been doing about this question? What have you found? Can you post links to your reading and ask specific questions about that reading? Thanks.
berkeman Admin Messages 69,782 Reaction score 25,630 Jan 18, 2025 #3 Also, since you are a Physics student, have a look at this PF Insights article for a good introduction to gravity around massive objects: https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/struggles-continuum-part-7/#top
Also, since you are a Physics student, have a look at this PF Insights article for a good introduction to gravity around massive objects: https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/struggles-continuum-part-7/#top