What am I supposed to do to be better than what I am now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter astrophysics12
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
astrophysics12
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
I want to be a physicist. It has always been my dream, but I am having doubts about my ability.

I am preparing for a few competitive exams to get into good colleges offering Int-PhD. I found that I am unable to even solve some of the problems. It becomes obvious when I see the solution. Is there any way to improve in solving problems?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
johnqwertyful said:
Solve problems.

Or, to paraphrase Adm. Halsey, " Solve problems, solve problems, solve more problems!"
 
There are books about problem-solving, like How to Solve It or the one by Paul Zeitz, although they are for math, rather than just physics.
 
I'll second (or third) the advice above. I used to be terrible as solving those difficult problems (still am) but did improve greatly by trying to work on a lot more of them.
 
Thanks a lot. I will try solving difficult problems.