What angle between force and displacement gives 12500 J of work?

  • Thread starter Thread starter x3lifelove
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Angle
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
x3lifelove
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
A force of 640 N does 12 500 J of work over a displacement of 24.0m. What is the angle between the displacement and force? I get a answer of 87.9 degrees.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
x3lifelove said:
I get a answer of 87.9 degrees.

How did you get that angle?

ehild
 
ehild said:
How did you get that angle?

ehild

I used
cos=(24.0m)/(640N)
=87.9 degrees

I feel as though i should be taking into account the work that done, but I'm not exactly sure how to.
 
What is the equation that relates work, force, and displacement? Use it to solve for the angle.
 
jhae2.718 said:
What is the equation that relates work, force, and displacement? Use it to solve for the angle.

I used the formula.
W=(Force)(displacement)
12500J= cos(x)(640N)(24.0m)
x= 35.5 degrees