What are dreams like for blind people?

Main Question or Discussion Point

are they visual or auditory

Answers and Replies

I hear their dreams are really out of sight.

They dream in colors.

I guess http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4112725.stm" [Broken] available for blind people these days.
⚛

Last edited by a moderator:
neu
Stevie Wonder always singing about it

I never, never had a dream come true
In my every dream, I'm loved by you
And we're free as the wind
And true love is no sin
Therefore, men are men, not machines
I never, never had a dream come true
Without you, the world out there is painted shades of blue
Since our roads never crossed
I work just to please the boss
Think I might as well get lost in my dreams
Do do do do do.........
QED

Drawing on a sample of 372 dreams from 15 blind adults, this paper presents two separate analyses that replicate and extend findings from previous studies. The first analysis employed DreamSearch, a software program designed for use with dream narratives, to examine the appearance of the five sensory modalities. It revealed that those blind since birth or very early childhood had (1) no visual imagery and (2) a very high percentage of gustatory, olfactory, and tactual sensory references. The second analysis found that both male and female participants differed from their sighted counterparts in the same ways on several Hall and Van de Castle (1966) coding categories, including a high percentage of locomotion/transportation dreams that contained at least one dreamer-involved misfortune. The findings on sensory references and dreamer-involved misfortunes in locomotion/transportation dreams are interpreted as evidence for the continuity between dream content and waking cognition.
http://psych.ucsc.edu/dreams/Library/hurovitz_1999a.html