What Are General Linear Transformations of p Vectors from R(n) to R(m)?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
vish22
Messages
33
Reaction score
1
Ok just for fun,could someone please give a general linear transformation of p vectors in R(n) to R(m),by expressing the transformation as a Matrix vector product of let's say n vectors in R(m).p vectors in R(n).I've already done it for fun but I'd like to see how you guys go about it..
 
Physics news on Phys.org
When you say "a general linear transformation of p vectors", what do you mean by "p vectors"?
 
Your problem is not worded properly. So we have [itex]v_1, \ldots, v_p \in \mathbb{R}^n[/itex] and you want a matrix that does what?

I really don't understand the point of the p. Do you want a matrix with [itex]v_i[/itex] as column vectors, and apply a GLT to the resulting matrix?
 
yea,the 1st part is right.. v1,v2...vp vectors in N-space-a GLT of these vectors expressed as a product with N vectors (represented in a matrix ofc) in M-space!