What Are Some Design Ideas for a 4 Bar Linkage Mechanism?

  • Thread starter Thread starter iii
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Linkage Search
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 4K views
iii
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Hallow friends
I just finish to learn how to design 4 bar linkage
Now I need to build a 4 bar linkage mechanism
Because of this I search after mechanisms that work with 4 bar linkage
Or an ideas to 4 bar linkage
I will glad if anybody can help me
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This may be a silly question but what are you building it for?
 
Yes but I mean, do you just have to make one, or does it have to have a function?

What is the aim of the project?
 
I know of 4-bar linkages only as applied to automotive suspension. If that's the purpose here, I would suggest going to the 'Power Block' website. They have videos of their building projects. The 'Extreme 4 x 4' segments might be of particular help. They've shown all kinds of suspension builds, including 4-bar systems.
 
Well if it doesn't acutally have to function as something real, he can just make a windscreen wiper type mechanism.

Short link and long link.

A '4-bar' linkage is an odd project with no elaboration.
 
Windscreen wiper is a very good idea I search after more ideas