What are Some Fields of Psychology that Focus on Predicting Human Behavior?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter chaoseverlasting
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Human
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
chaoseverlasting
Messages
1,051
Reaction score
3
I'm looking for a field of psychology which tries to predict human behaviour or sort of characterizes human beings based on their behaviour patterns.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to call it, but I want to be able to say what a particular group of people will tend to like or dislike or what they will tend to do or not do when presented with a stimuli.

I'm guessing fields like architecture and those from the liberal arts would use such frameworks extensively (reaction to light, color, sensory stimuli, etc.) and certainly psychology/psychiatry and I want to get acquainted with the material in some way.

Any suggestions PF?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Any books that you might recommend? Or what all I should read up on? I'll be checking out your lectures in a minute.

EDIT: Err... where are the tutorials? I tried looking for them but I don't know where to look. Is there a tute section?
 
Last edited:
"Math and Science Learning Materials"

it's the first forum at the top of the list from the main physicsforums page
 
Thank you! Got lost looking for this thread.

EDIT: I'm sorry Pythagorean, but I'm not sure which thread in the tutorial section you're referring to. Can you paste the link? Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, but I can't seem to place it. TIA
 
Behavioral economics - Daniel Kahneman is the only noble laureate whos work was primarily in psychology, he has a book that summarizes his research titled "Thinking, Fast and Slow".