What Are Some Product Ideas for Combining Metal Forming and Machining Processes?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
LockyPhysics
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

I have a project in which I have to introduce a new product into a companies manufacturing setup. The product has to include at least one of the following processes, metal forming, casting and at least one from the machining processes such as milling, drilling and turning.
The type of product and the manufacture of the product should be outlined and include all aspects of the manufacturng method, including materials, processing methods, and sketches and drawings if necessary.

Just looking for a few tips on products I could use.

Regards,
LockyPhysics
 
Physics news on Phys.org
berkeman said:
How about car parts?

That's a good idea, with a tremendous versatility to it. I wonder, though, if Locky is referring to a specific company. If so, it would be rather important to know what they make. If their product line consists solely of marine anchor mechanisms, a fender won't be too helpful.