What are some recipes for avocado and lime soup?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Evo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
303 replies · 32K views
Evo said:
Thank you!
You're welcomed, and sorry for the little rant the other day, you know it was nothing personal, take care and good luck.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
scientiavore said:
You're welcomed, and sorry for the little rant the other day, you know it was nothing personal, take care and good luck.
No problem, you'll do well here! :smile:
 
Redbelly98 said:
I thought you were going to say you got stung by shaking his hand later, but what actually transpired is a much better story. :eek:

:biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=550114

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/071702/fea_karin.shtml

http://recipes.wikia.com/wiki/Avocado_Lime_Soup_with_Crème_Fraiche_and_Roasted_Pimientos

I found a few versions of avocado and lime soup recipes. The one I had didn't have any "chunky" stuff in it, it was just a puree basically. So, maybe you can work from these to create something edible and safe for your healing stomach.
That third recipe is similar to one I like for quacamole - just leave out the chicken stock and flour, and add crème fraiche according to consistency. The lime (acidic) juice helps preserve the avacado, which will go slightly brown when exposed to air.
 
Last edited by a moderator: