What Are the Best Books on the Development of Quantum Field Theory?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Son Goku
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Qft
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Son Goku
Messages
113
Reaction score
21
I was wondering if anybody could recommend some books which deal with the development of QFT.
I'm almost finished Schweber's "QED and the men who made it", which I found excellent, however it only deals with QED.
So are there any other good histories of QFT?

And is there a "History of QCD" book, which is to QCD what Schweber's book is to QED.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
robphy said:
Conceptual Developments of 20th Century Field Theories (Paperback)
by Tian Yu Cao
Thanks, I picked it up in my university library, it's exactly what I wanted.

dextercioby said:
The first chapter in Weinberg's first volume of his QFT book is also a useful reading...

Daniel.
I also picked this up, the history section is a little terse, obviously though since it is an exposition on the subject itself.
However, even though I don't know anywhere near the level of knowledge in this text or understand half the mathematics, it has shown me how far QFT goes. I won't be happy until I know QFT to this level.
Thanks for pointing it out.