What are the best career options in physics for someone starting at 32?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimineycrick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
jimineycrick
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi

At 32 I've decided to have a change of career and have enrolled in a Maths course with the Open University here in the UK, the eventual aim is to move towards Physics.

As I'm progressing I'm going to have make a decision as to what area I focus on. By the time I complete the undergraduate degree I'll be about 35 and I'm wondering if there is an area of physics that will be more favorable to study with regards to finding employment...

For example I'm considering focusing more on Maths and Computer Science. Or would a more practical hands on Physics degree be of more use?

I'm not interested in teaching (coming from that background originally) or accountancy/economics. I putting myself through this to work in 'science'.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
J
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi - thanks for the reply. Could I ask has that been a good move? Did you want to move into Computer Science or did circumstances push you in that direction?

Thanks