What Are the Best Resources for Re-Learning Chemistry Before College?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nikNaK
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chemistry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
nikNaK
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I'm a high school senior who has taken a basic Chemistry class about two years ago. I passed the class easily, but I learned absolutely nothing. Although I'm familiar with some terms like "valence electrons" [the electrons on the outermost shell of an atom.. I think].

I am looking for a good handy book that will help me understand what I need to know about Chemistry before I go off to college. Knowledge that will be of great use to me and will put me ahead perhaps. Any suggestions? Whether it is a textbook or a self-teach book or whatever, any help? Preferably something that someone like me can understand without too much trouble. I have been going over the basics of Chemistry using "Kahn Academy" on youtube, which has taken me through basic electron configuration.
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
maybe try looking into AP and SAT II review books on the subject. you probably won't need the practice exams, but they have a lot of good information.