What Are the Best Science Books to Get for Christmas?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dragonshear
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Books Christmas
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Dragonshear
Hello, I'm new to these forums and not 100% sure of where this type of thread would go.

I have decided that this year, for Christmas, I would be getting a bunch of books on science :cool:. I got up to $200 dollars to spend, including shipping, and want to know if there are any books that would be worthwhile reading besides the ones I have picked out.
Also, I'd love to know if there are any books better than the ones I have picked out. :)

tl;dr
Good books or better books than the ones I have picked out, $200 limit.



Here is the list of books :D. :
The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe [Hardcover]
A Brief History of Time (Hardcover)
Homework Helpers: Physics (Homework Helpers (Career Press)) [Paperback]
The Human Body Book (Book & DVD) [Hardcover]
The Human Brain Book [Hardcover]
Homework Helpers Chemistry book
Homework Helpers: Calculus (Homework Helpers) [Paperback]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The Feynman Lectures on Physics are a requirement and if you aren't up for the challenge you can get Feynman's Six Easy Pieces and Six Not So Easy Pieces (I got this because I already have the Feynman lectures).
 
Kevin_Axion said:
The Feynman Lectures on Physics are a requirement

That was going to be my suggestion.