What are the career possibilities at NASA for a PhD/MD?

  • Thread starter Thread starter b3nm4n
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Career Nasa
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
b3nm4n
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi Everyone,

I'm about to graduate from college with a BA in physics (basically BS but missing a couple of classes) and as I am waiting to hear back from physics grad schools (MS) I wanted to see if I could get some input about what kinds of work one can do with NASA. I've done the whole pre-med thing and I'm considering applying for an MD/PhD after the MS, so the NASA career may be a while down the road, but the thing that would interest me the most would be working on a deep space mission such as a mission to Mars.

Depending on how the MS goes I may go ahead and go for the PhD instead of the MD/PhD.

I just wanted to see if anyone maybe works for NASA and has some ideas about what an MD/PhD could do, and in general how one can get involved with this field of space exploration (maybe not even NASA if there are other ways). Basically anything in the field of traveling to other planets where I could eventually be directly involved in effort would be amazing.

Also if anyone knows about summer experiences or temporary jobs where I could get an idea of what it's like, that would be great.


Thanks guys, sorry that the question is not very specific
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator: