What are the effects of our time perspectives on our lives?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
4,663
Reaction score
37
This is an interesting video illustrating ideas about people's different time perspectives. I thought it was worth watching for the artwork alone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3oIiH7BLmg&feature=player_embedded

Professor Philip Zimbardo conveys how our individual perspectives of time affect our work, health and well-being. Time influences who we are as a person, how we view relationships and how we act in the world.

Are you past, present, or future oriented?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Very cool, I love that kind of stuff. Generalizations, sure, but still enlightening.

I've only recently started to question my time orientation...I've always been one to work hard, the whole delayed gratification thing. If I delay it much longer I'll be an old lady!
 
Nice video MIH. I wish that I could draw that well or that fast! :biggrin:
 
I really enjoy time, it passes, it can fly and yet can stand still. I believe I am a present time person, I enjoy the moment. I hardly ever spend time thinking of things yet to be, and seldom dwell on things from my past.
 
He made some very ridiculous conclusions .. Video was interesting but the content was full of nonsense IMO