What are the magnetic states of nucleons?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 2K views
Javier Lopez
Messages
74
Reaction score
3
Could I have hundred times the ground state or there is a limit?
Is there a limit for excited magnetic momentum that if reached the nucleous explode or generate gammas?

I suppose If I excite it it would spin faster but proportional to quantum values. Note: there is a "theory" to avoid electron surface reaching light speed limit
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The notion of spin in a quantum system is not the same as a classical system. Hence the notion of the electron reaching light speed doesn’t apply in this case.

Susskind’s Theoretical Minimum series has a book on QM that might clarify the spin part.

Closing thread.
 
Perhaps I will need help to buid the machine (I am sorry because the writting of the first post)
 
All nucleons have spin 1/2. There are hadrons with a higher spin but they are different particles. Nuclei can have higher spin.

NMR doesn't change the absolute spin, it just aligns the spin of many nuclei.
Javier Lopez said:
Note: there is a "theory" to avoid electron surface reaching light speed limit
What?
 
Javier Lopez said:
Could I have hundred times the ground state or there is a limit?
Is there a limit for excited magnetic momentum that if reached the nucleous explode or generate gammas?

I suppose If I excite it it would spin faster but proportional to quantum values. Note: there is a "theory" to avoid electron surface reaching light speed limit
Nuclear states are usually excited by neutrons, gammas, or high energy particles.
Here is a discussion of nuclear energy levels - http://www2.lbl.gov/abc/wallchart/teachersguide/pdf/Chap06.pdf
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Javier Lopez
↑
Note: there is a "theory" to avoid electron surface reaching light speed limit
What?
Here is the classical theory that says that electron rotation violates speed light 137 times:
<< Unacceptable source deleted by the Mentors >>
Here is the theory explained in a simple manner that says that proton spin is real but electron not (I do not know if this theory is true or not, only I found it):
<< Unacceptable source deleted by the Mentors >>
What machine are you building?
I am building a small fusion reactor
It is a pity it is needed MeV particles to excite nucleons

Exist excited state tables with MeV and magnetic moments for protons, litium6, beryllium9 and 11 boron?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Javier Lopez said:
Here is the classical theory that says that electron rotation violates speed light 137 times:
http://www.electronspin.org/1.htm
It would violate the laws of physics if the spin would come from a classical rotation. It does not.
Javier Lopez said:
Here is the theory explained in a simple manner that says that proton spin is real but electron not (I do not know if this theory is true or not, only I found it):
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~kcy05t/spin.html
That website is full of nonsense.
 
Due to unacceptable sources, this thread will stay locked. Thank you to those who tried to help the OP.