What are the mechanical properties of stranded steel cable?

  • Thread starter Thread starter capterdi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cable Data Steel
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
capterdi
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I´m looking for a table for stranded steel cable mechanical properties where I could find for a particular diameter of cable (and possibly strand arrangement) which is the corresponding yield strengh.

Or do I necessarily have to go for ASTM A1023 standard to get this data?

Thanks.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
capterdi said:
Hi,

I´m looking for a table for stranded steel cable mechanical properties where I could find for a particular diameter of cable (and possibly strand arrangement) which is the corresponding yield strengh.

Or do I necessarily have to go for ASTM A1023 standard to get this data?

Thanks.

I'd check with the manufacturer of the cable.

CS